Canon 100D / SL1

Started by nikfreak, October 19, 2015, 10:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canneloni

Ah thanks, i just thought i was to stupid to use it right. I think it would be nice for us entry level users, since the 5D II ( im not sure about the others) has more options for reviewing an image.
100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8

JohanJ

On 60D the overlays can be activated for picture review by pressing the unlock button. But Rebels do not have this button. One thought for the feature request: adding the overlays to the INFO button when reviewing the pictures might be interesting. Today one can toggle through different review modes. Why not having an additional "overlay" mode? Just thinking aloud..

Sent from my SM-T719 using Tapatalk

60D.111 / 100D.101 / M2.103

a1ex

Sounds good, although might be tricky to implement. One has to detect when the overlays are in clean full-screen mode (not sure how), and "steal" the next INFO button press (as it's done with display presets in LiveView).

Or maybe an option to show them all the time (maybe an additional option under Global Draw, or rework it somehow).

fdewet

Been using ML on my 100d since the first beta version. The progress has been amazing. So well done to NickFreak and the rest of the guys. Two minor bugs I picked up.
1. When selecting a different PicStyle for recording under Expo/Picture Style/REC-PicStyle, it only activates from the 2nd time you record. So the first time you start recording it will use the normal setting selected, and then from the 2nd video on it will record using the REC-PicStyle selected.
2. When selecting Clear Overlays, ALWAYS ON, it works perfectly and clears the overlays when camera is switched on. When using HDMI out it does not clear the overlays. However, if the trash can button is pushed to call up the ML settings and then pushed again to exit the ML settings, the overlays are cleared. So one is able to then record via HDMI out with no overlays, even with autofocus on.

A quick question as well. Do you have any idea whether the HDMI out is raw? The reason I am asking is because there is a huge colour difference between the HDMI out and the on camera video recording.

Been testing the RAW video capture and all I can say is wow! Works well and have not picked up,any glitches. Very usable and good quality.

nikfreak

also, on 70D, we had same reportings for the picstyle not applying on first record, but I've not been able to find the root cause:

https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14309.msg154730#msg154730
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14309.msg181755#msg181755

Update: Ok, found this https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issues/2379/canon-6d-116-rec-picstyle-magiclantern

Means you just have to wait until we become part of the nightlies. For the moment I don't know if the experimental download includes the fix (not checked the issue myself but i guess the fix is included). You probably downloaded from the first page which doesn't include the fix.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

LittoD

Hi there,
first time coming to the forum. I have us ML for a while now as a supplement to regular Canon recording. I cant ever seem to the the RAW to work for me. Im committed to figuring it out though. Lately I have been getting this overlay of black crosses (focus marks?) that show up every time i convert from RAW to DNG. I use Resovle to open them up and RAWlite to convert. I had RAW working before once without these issues.

JuancaF

Hi, I'm new in the forum.
Thank you for the instructions in order to install Magic Lantern in the 100d.   It's fantastic.
I'm happy to have an intervalometer in the camera, for example, or take shots of more than 30 seconds, but unfortunately there are no help files. It's a pitty.
Anyone know if they are already writing for the next version?.
Or what files could be copied in the ML folder in order to keep the help files??
Thanks
Juan Carlos

DylserX

Hey there guys, 
Just wanted to voice my appreciation for all the great work on Magic Lantern for 100D! 

Here are a couple of clips I've put together of some RAW video tests.
https://youtu.be/gJBlp9Bqm80
https://youtu.be/XCMaEG4g4zY

Keep up the good work! :)

canneloni

About the image review settings:

Would it be possible to place the option for enabling the normal review like the quickreview inside the existing "Image Review Settings"  under "Play mode actions" ? It seems like we can trigger an event this way.
100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8

yzqx

Is the Sticky HalfShutter option missing for anyone? I cannot find it under "Misc key settings." Only the LCD Sensor Shortcuts show up for me.
Kiss X7 (bought in Japan) - 100D.100C (supposed to be?)

edt

Hi all - not been on here for 12 months + !
Does ML on the 100D now handle audio monitoring & levels?
THANKS

skrk

Quote from: LittoD on April 21, 2017, 05:05:44 AM
Hi there,
first time coming to the forum. I have us ML for a while now as a supplement to regular Canon recording. I cant ever seem to the the RAW to work for me. Im committed to figuring it out though. Lately I have been getting this overlay of black crosses (focus marks?) that show up every time i convert from RAW to DNG. I use Resovle to open them up and RAWlite to convert. I had RAW working before once without these issues.

Are you converting to DNG with MLVProducer? If so just make sure to use the "remove focus pixels" setting when converting. Sounds like that's the issue?
100D -- ML v1.0.1

skrk

Hi -- reporting a bug that seems to cause a crash/hang/breaking of ML when exposure override and the bulb timer are both enabled:

- install a fresh copy of the current "Nightly-.2016Oct05.100D101.zip"
- open ML menu, enable Expo. Override, enable bulb timer, exit ML menu
- enable LV, adjust shutter speed to BULB
- disable LV, enable LV

Camera hangs with black screen; can't be turned off or on, requires battery removal.

It seems to be the combination of exposure override, bulb timer, BULB shutter speed, and using live view that causes it. If you have trouble reproducing, just adjust the settings as described above and go in and out of LV a few times... it happens pretty reliably.
100D -- ML v1.0.1

nikfreak

Not able to reproduce.

reformatted card and reinstlled ML as instructed
Expo override is set to on
Bulb timer is set
Bulb mode is active
tried 3 times in a row with always disabling / enabling LV

It works!

OlRivrRat

@ Skrk & NikFreak

Was able to Reproduce here on SL1 ~

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

nikfreak

Nope, really, I can't reproduce it. It works for me.

Felipe

Yes Nikfreak on my camera was able to reproduce it, Camera hangs,  Then I switched exposure override off and did not Hang
BUT despite bulb was set to 1 minute as soon as I released the shutter button it closed the shutter, Did not apply the 1 minute exposure.
650D-700D

skrk

Thanks, all. @nikfreak -- I just tried again and it worked at first; then I set ISO to 6400 and it crashed. I wonder if it has to do with settings on the canon side...

This time a crash report showed on screen instead of just being blank; from the crash log:

ASSERT: 0
at ./LvCommon/LvGainController.c:806, task Evf
lv:1 mode:3

Magic Lantern version : Nightly.2016Oct05.100D101
Mercurial changeset   : 60a2c84ce70d (100D_merge_fw101) tip
Built on 2016-10-05 04:56:52 UTC by ml@ml-VirtualBox.
Free Memory  : 576K + 1974K

Some of my camera settings at the time of this test crash:
RAW, ISO 6400, ALO off, white balance tungsten, evaluative metering, high ISO NR on max, AF method FlexiZoneAF.
100D -- ML v1.0.1

a1ex

It's probably related to ML's exposure simulation (which configures the LiveView at much higher brightness than Canon firmware, and the difference is visible at very long exposure times with very dark scenes - including BULB mode).

Can probably be fixed by decreasing MAX_ISO_BV. Maybe also worth including it in selftest.mo somehow.

skrk

Thanks; I just got a crash/hang, with the shutter speed not set to BULB, but exposure simulation was enabled:

I think this is the log from that crash; anyway it's a different log; this time at :810 --

QuoteASSERT: pReturnData->Engine_Address != 0xFFFFFFFF
at ./LvCommon/LvGainController.c:810, task Evf
lv:1 mode:3

Magic Lantern version : Nightly.2016Oct05.100D101
Mercurial changeset   : 60a2c84ce70d (100D_merge_fw101) tip
Built on 2016-10-05 04:56:52 UTC by ml@ml-VirtualBox.
Free Memory  : 532K + 1793K
100D -- ML v1.0.1

OlRivrRat

ML Menu
Expo Sim         On
Expo Override      On
Bulb Timer         5s

Canon
ShutterSpeed      Bulb
ISO            200

Can turn LV On Off with No Issue ~ But ~ 

Any Shutter Speed Set from 8 to 30Sec will cause LockUp when LV is Turned On ~

Also if in Bulb with LV On & attempt to change S'S' to 30Sec it will LockUp ~

With Expo Sim Off, all works OK ~
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

onelitllejoint

Hi everyone. I have problem, try recording MLV video whit audio (mlv_snd.mo) and wave file record well only whit first recorded clip. Next raw video is without audio - i get error :  Audio failed to stop, state 4. I try found solution with google, but not results. I have 1.0.1 Firmware whit bulid from first post, use Lexar 633x Sd card and film in 1280x544 (ratio 2.35:1)
Sorry for my poor english.
100D / 100B

skrk

Hi - possibly another exposure simulation bug?

When I enable exposure simulation, adjusting the shutter speed with the dial changes normally when it gets slower, but only registers every other shutter speed when getting faster. (The liveview reflects the numbers shown: it changes only on every other click of the dial when getting faster.)

E.g. turning the dial slower it goes:
1/1000 -> 1/800 -> 1/640 -> 1/500 -> 1/400 -> 1/320 etc.

...but turning the dial faster it goes:
1/320 -> 1/320 -> 1/500 -> 1/500 -> 1/800 -> 1/800 -> 1/1250 -> 1/1250

If I go to one of these in-between shutter states and hit the "info" button and go to the canon screen, it shows the 'true' shutter speed (disagreeing with the current magic lantern shutter speed shown) but still shows the brightness in the LV display from the incorrect shutter value.

(If anyone has trouble duplicating I can be more explicit.)
100D -- ML v1.0.1

TupacapuT

Ey guys i benen usimg ML for long time. I just want to let know that i discover a extra wired port on the 100d camera is under the ruber wher you put the tumb maybe some one can do someting with this info

free image hosting sites

garfield72

Hello , I wanted to test the raw mode 10 bit on my EOS 100D and after downloading the file magiclantern-Nightly.2017Jan06.100D101.zip, I enable the MLV RAW video module in the Magic Lantern menus, but I can't select 10,12 and 14 bits in the Magic Lantern menus. I just have the 14 bit mode. I don't have the menu "RAW video (MLV)" as the image in this page http://www.eoshd.com/2017/06/enabling-10bit-raw-video-mini-canon-100d/. How to get this menu?

Thanks

François