Canon 100D / SL1

Started by nikfreak, October 19, 2015, 10:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valhalla

@nikfreak: Testing "magiclantern-Nightly.2017Jan06.100D101.zip" reveals the following:

1. Pressing and holding "SET" upon switching on the camera does not prevent ML from loading - reproducible 100% of the time

2. Deleting an image using the "trash" button when in image gallery blocks the camera and there is a blinking "Err" in the viewfinder. Also the LED indicator for SD card lits up and never stops. Switching off the camera has absolutely no effect over the above stated 'symptoms'. Only after removing the battery the camera gets into working mode- reproducible 30% of the time only when deleting in gallery after being in Live view mode (being previously in Photo mode and deleting images after that does not produce this bug).

Same for me, and I had the same problems with older version

nikfreak

few posts earlier I already posted an update about 1.)
for 2.) can you please share a video of the issue. I tried to replicate it but am not able to reproduce it.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

stumps

@nikfreak: It's very weird since bug #2 does not happen every time I delete an image. I'll try playing around in order to find out which are the circumstances that cause it to happen. It needs some time of thorough testing.
EOS 100D - 1.0.1

a1ex

Quote from: nikfreak on January 27, 2017, 07:07:16 AM
Tried the new build. FAILS raised to 15 but good news is they all are unique and new ones. Those reported earlier are gone:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Mu66yg5QzRNmV0MUpWeHBmX2M/view?usp=sharing

Fix pushed, please test again.

Quote from: nikfreak on January 27, 2017, 07:07:16 AM
Check also my comment on EOSM thread

Looks like they were broken by some menu changes done for Lua API, and fixed later in the dynamic-my-menu branch. I've merged that one into lua_fix and those bugs are no longer present.

nikfreak

tested the new experimental build.
One FAIL left when running stubs api test right at the beginning:

Pass] is_play_mode() => 0x1
[Pass] HALFSHUTTER_PRESSED => 0x0
[Pass] HALFSHUTTER_PRESSED => 0x1
[Pass] wait_focus_status(1000, 3) => 0x1
[Pass] lv_focus_status => 0x3
[Pass] HALFSHUTTER_PRESSED => 0x0
[Pass] wait_focus_status(1000, 3) => 0x0
[Pass] lv_focus_status => 0x2
[FAIL] HALFSHUTTER_PRESSED => 0x0
[Pass] wait_focus_status(1000, 3) => 0x0

http://pastebin.com/d9fFCaxN

scherbakoff.dima

Hi Nik! Thank you for your amazing work! ML works quite stable with january build. Is it possible to make an option in ML menu like "load ML on start" which would be invertable by pressing MENU button on start? Sometimes people need as max battery as possible :)
Thanks in advance :)

astrob3

Whenever I try to install on my camera the file is not found on the sd card. When I go to the firmware update, it just says that the memory card with the update is required. I'm very new at all this so it could be something simple I'm missing. Thank you!

Audionut

Quote from: scherbakoff.dima on March 13, 2017, 07:03:26 AM
Is it possible to make an option in ML menu like "load ML on start" which would be invertable by pressing MENU button on start?

Sort of.

Quote from: Audionut on May 30, 2014, 04:57:54 PM
Occasionally I want to run the camera without Magic Lantern?

Hold the SET button while powering on the camera.

nikfreak

For now one needs to compile manually on his own to get the INFO button functionality for skipping ML-init on boot. Functionality was broken with set button due to the q/set button hack but is fixed on the bitbucket branch.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16040.msg180131#msg180131

soupmanjack

Hello! I have a rebel sl1 and would like to install ML on it, Where is the most recent version of the install? is the one on the first page up to date? Also Im completely new to this so if this is a dumb question i apologize. Thanks!

a1ex

Quote from: nikfreak on March 12, 2017, 08:53:43 AM
One FAIL left when running stubs api test right at the beginning:

This one appears to be a false alarm (hopefully fixed).

After merging lua_fix, 100D is next on the list for including in the nightlies. Meanwhile, you may consider the lua_fix build from the Experiments page as "release candidate", so please give it a try. Not just on Lua, but on all other functionality.

P.S. I'm now able to run the 100D ML (unmodified autoexec.bin) in QEMU (so I could check a couple of things locally). So far, so good; only noticed some minor issues:
- the temperature is not yet in Celsius
- ML overlay colors don't adapt to Canon's color scheme outside LiveView (COLOR_FG_NONLV)
- selecting a Kelvin temperature gives a strange display indicator (K over AWB icon); not sure if only happens in QEMU or also on real camera, as properties are not emulated very well
- continuous AF should probably display a warning on ML focus tools (probably on other models as well; need to find the property that triggers it)
- task list overflows (todo: check how many tasks can be started after ML loads)
- memory levels are OK (quite good actually for a Rebel)
- QEMU crashes when selecting "Don't click me" (emulator bug)

Overall impression is very good - nice job @nikfreak! (and sorry for being so slow with reviewing the new ports)

nikfreak

I need to catch up with your QEMU work. Last time I fired it up was the PoC for porting 100D/70D.

Meanwhile pushed a commit which adds support for Celsius display (thx escho). For COLOR_FG_NONLV I just copied what you pushed for 700D but can't see a difference to it#s previous value 1 (defined for most Digic5 cams).

The Kelvin icon was really a problem as it overlayed over Canon's icon. I used that chance to go for 60D's flexinfo layout and did some small adjustment. See attached picture on what it looks like now. Probably 700D and other rebels would fit into this layout too. I guess ML's "K" icon overlays there, too.

a1ex

Indeed, setting the color to 80 fixed this. Look at clock color between schemes 1 and 2, for example.

Unfortunately, this setting is not portable; 60D, for example, paints the info with color 1 (and has a single color scheme), while 100D uses color 80 on all 5 color schemes.

The problem with 60D flexinfo is that yellow is unreadable on color scheme 2 (minor issue; just a nice touch). 60D only has black background and white fonts, so yellow was fine. Maybe I should take the time to unify these layouts a bit.

Looks like I also need to fix that screenshot palette bug. (edit: done!)

nikfreak

Ok reverted all yellow colored text to COLOR_FG_NONLV and pushed the necessary changes to bitbucket.

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

wizbrewery

just wanted to say thanks for making Magic Lantern  available on my new camera (EOS 100D).  I'm brand new to ML but in mt short time,  seen many fantastic features.   Seems to be very stable for the time I have been using ML

OK

focus peek wow,  great!
clapping to take picture,  super for steady camera on my microscope
intervalometer for taking timelapse of my brewday
script for software ND filter for taking advantage of my old zuiko lenses on super wide aperture  (low dof)
lua script running (dunno what for yet but like scripting :) tried the retro tennis game
motion detect (in exposure change mode) to detect visitors to my bird feeders[/li][/list]

NOT OK
on ml menu mode the screen menu flashes periodically every 8 or so seconds to show (only briefly) what maybe looks like a +- exposure display with an orange line at the centre.  Not sure there is a setting to turn that off? or a fault?
No Focus Trap menu in Focus menu (could that be camera dependant?)
Frame Diff on Motion detection doesnt seem to work.  Motion frame is mostly black and always shows Motion Level 0

Is 100D in experimental builds? I'd like to try out the lens info for my old lenses

Thanks again :)

JohanJ

@wizbrewery
Regarding trap focus on 100D please follow the link below
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16040.msg166383.msg#166383

Sent from my SM-T719 using Tapatalk

60D.111 / 100D.101 / M2.103

sisak.marton

Hi everybody!
I have a problem: When I connected the camera to my computer to take a video remotely, Magic Lantern stopped and showed me a blue screen with this message:

A problem has been detected and Magic Lantern has been shut down to prevent damage to your camera.
If this is the first time you've seen this STOP error screen, restart your camera. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
- Go to LiveView and enable DIGIC peaking.
- Take a photo of a calendar, focusing on todays date.
- Try pressing the magic button quickly enough.
Technical information:
*** STOP 0x000000aa (0x1000af22, 0xdeadbeef, 0xffff)
Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete. Your camera is bricked.
Contact the Magic Lantern guys at www.magiclantern.fm for further assistance and information.

Then I restarted the camera and after a half minute it appeared again and again. I did the steps above but it did not help. Then I uninstalled Magic Lantern , formatted the sdcard, and installed it again, but neither did it. If Magic Lantern is not installed everything works correctly.
Did anyone have this problem and if yes how did they solved it?

Walter Schulz

sisak.marton

So it just wants to be a joke?
Because you got me :D
I didn't realise why would it help if I take a photo of my calendar  :)

drawninward

I'm using a Canon t3i (600D) in the UK and I've had the same error message appear again and again.  I don't know what to do about it as I've only used ML a couple of times since installing it.  I really need help with this if anyone knows what to do?

Walter Schulz

trimoto

You drive me crazy today, hit and sunk  :P

canneloni

Is there any way to manually enable MLs Picture Review Mode in Playback? I see the overlays only in the quick playback after i took the picture.
100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8

nikfreak

@caneloni: For the moment it's not defined (=not available). if it were then there would be a hint printed on the help menu on which button to use for overlaying it in play mode. The problem is the lack of traceable+unused buttons which trigger an event. ISO, flash button etc don't trigger an event. Rest is already used.

Maybe create a feature request on bitbucket (once 100D got part of nightlies) for force-setting it statically via a ML menu option? Can't judge myself if it would be that useful to get accepted though