Started by nikfreak, October 19, 2015, 10:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

"4th setup screen"?
What are you talking about?
Link to pic, please.

JohanJ

Quote from: Rossik on January 29, 2017, 12:25:42 AM
sorry for such a basic question, but I am super keen to start learning how to use my camera and to install Magic Lantern but my 100D seems to be missing the 4th Setup screen - the one which shows what Firmware you are running.....

Is there something obvious that I am missing ????

Help !!
I guess your camera is in auto mode or similar. Chose one of  M/Av/Tv or P mode and you will find your missing menu [emoji6]
60D.111 / 100D.101 / M2.103

JohanJ

Quote from: a1ex on January 26, 2017, 01:30:06 AM
Added to experimental builds.

While you are at it, please run the stubs API test from the selftest module, from the latest lua_fix build.
@nikfreak is already on it for the latest lua_fix build. I ran another stubs API test for latest manual_lens_info.2017Jan26.100D101. 2 Fails only. Log can be found here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7N2Wbxd7m2gVEpUdjFCQUc2MzA/view?usp=sharing

60D.111 / 100D.101 / M2.103

Roger66

QuotePress Q for 2 seconds

Thats too long for frequent use
7D.203 100D.101

nikfreak

And what's acceptable for frequent use?
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

Roger66

Just as without ML would be fine.
Maybe to be configured if some will use the Q key for anything else.
7D.203 100D.101

nikfreak

Quote from: Roger66 on January 31, 2017, 11:04:55 AM
Just as without ML would be fine.

Uninstall ML and you just have it like you wish  :P
Really, the button functionality has to be SET primarily. I need it for stuff like ETTR or centering the focus box. A long press will trigger the Q-menu. We discussed this earlier in the thread. I could fine tune it later by a few hundred milliseconds but we must keep it "long-pressed" and unique for the longpress detection so it doesn't come up by mistake. That was the problem when implementing the feature. It came up by mistake and I had to make the detection failsafe..

You will get used to it

OlRivrRat

@NikFreak

Is this Needed Long Press true for both Physical & Touch Screen "Q" ~ Don't own

an SL1 so can't answer for Myself.

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: nikfreak on January 31, 2017, 03:07:07 PM
You will get used to it

Absolutely and I've gotten used to this as well. It's wonderful (feels more natural) to have the quick reaction after pressing 'Q' for ETTR and centering focus box (which is a must for everyday usage) so to fine tune this from 2-3 seconds down to 1.5 or so may seem closer to problematic by possible mistaken going into the Canon 'Q' Menu instead of respecting ML's requests within ETTR, Focus Box, etc.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Felipe

the 2 sds way works beautifully
650D-700D

valhalla

Hello, I have a problem when I use the fps override mode for timelapse, I tried 2-3 fps but my recording stops after 2 seconds

[email protected]

Hello,
First, I would like to thank the super work for everybody who worked on ML.
Thank you Nikfreak for the test bulid of 10 12 bit compression.
I just installed it and my first impression is that it works. I haven't used MLVFS yet. When I tried MLV_PLAY to review my recording, I found only pink frames.
I copied raw_twk to the module subdirectory of my sd card, loaded it on the modules screen, and retried. Unfortunately my camera blackened when I tried MLV_PLAY, so I needed to pull the battery out. May I forgot something or is there a hope to solve this?

Rossik

Thanks JohanJ - I switched it to M mode and et voila, there it is, my Firmware listed on the 4th Setup screen, cheers mate.

Woohoo, Magic Lantern, here I come ;)

Walter Schulz

If you haven't used so called "creative" modes until now you will have a hard time with ML. Steep learning curve.
I recommend getting to know cam basic concepts (Tv, Av, M, ISO) before going ML.

Roger66

QuoteYou will get used to it

Yes I will, but in another way. I'm gonna use the Touchscreen "Q" now as workaround, which reacts quick.
Wasn't aware of that 2nd option before.
7D.203 100D.101

[email protected]

Maybe everybody knew, but I just realised, that there is four(!) different raw video mode on SL1:
"Normal" raw, while Canon resolution is 1920*1080. Maximum raw resolution: 1736*1152
"Normal" raw, while Canon resolution is 1280x720. Maximum raw resolution: 1728*694 (1736*688).
Movie crop mode (3x digital zoom), only  when Canon resolution is 1920*1080. Maximum raw resolution: 1800x1032
5X Zoom mode. Maximum raw resolution: 2520x1080.

[email protected]

I'm reading ML forum posts to improve my knowledge and I found this thread:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=4002.0

It seems, that "Custom Modes" in 600D (and 500D) can save and restore PicQuality, ALO, HTP, ISO, Ae, Tv, WB, WBshift, Kelvin, Drive, Metering Mode and some other settings. As SL1 doesn't have any Custom mode, it is very easy to forget to change some settings, which ruins your next pics or video.
So it would be a great help to have this.

Is it possible?

stumps

@nikfreak: I would like to report two bugs with the "magiclantern-Nightly.2016Oct05.100D101.zip" build:

1. Pressing and holding "SET" upon switching on the camera does not prevent ML from loading - reproducible 100% of the time

2. Deleting an image using the "trash" button when in image gallery blocks the camera and there is a blinking "Err" in the viewfinder. Also the LED indicator for SD card lits up and never stops. Switching off the camera has absolutely no effect over the above stated 'symptoms'. Only after removing the battery the camera gets into working mode- reproducible 80% of the time.
EOS 100D - 1.0.1

nikfreak

stumps

@nikfreak: Testing "magiclantern-Nightly.2017Jan06.100D101.zip" reveals the following:

1. Pressing and holding "SET" upon switching on the camera does not prevent ML from loading - reproducible 100% of the time

2. Deleting an image using the "trash" button when in image gallery blocks the camera and there is a blinking "Err" in the viewfinder. Also the LED indicator for SD card lits up and never stops. Switching off the camera has absolutely no effect over the above stated 'symptoms'. Only after removing the battery the camera gets into working mode- reproducible 30% of the time only when deleting in gallery after being in Live view mode (being previously in Photo mode and deleting images after that does not produce this bug).
EOS 100D - 1.0.1

Roger66

Hello,

I have a question concerning the overexposure warning in image review:

Is it possible to introduce a black-white blinking overexposure warning in full screen review (in stock histogram view the Image is too small) ?

The zebras are nice, but I'm used to the black-white blinking, as my 7D does out of the box. This is much more obvious in bright environment than thin zebra lines. Or is this behaviour even configurable now, and I didn't see yet ?
7D.203 100D.101

nikfreak

ok, stumps, probably SET during boot needs a special treatment due to the q/set button. Will try to reproduce on weekend both reported issues.

nikfreak

@stumps: I pushed a fix for disabling ML during boot with the INFo button. Tested its functionality myself and all will be fine with a future release. Regarding the bug you reported when deleting a picture in LV: I cannot reproduce it. Tried hard and played more than 10minutes with different settings, zoomed in/out and used the playmode actions but wasn't able to reproduce it when deleting an image.

stumps

@nikfreak: It's nice to have such a quick response from you. Thanks.

Is there any way I can send a debug info or something so we can trace the issue around bug #2?

Currently the only thing I find is a couple of crash log files in the root of the SD card saying the same thing:

QuoteASSERT: 0
at Graphics.c:3929, task CtrlSrv
lv:0 mode:1

Magic Lantern version : Nightly.2017Jan06.100D101
Mercurial changeset   : ca28776484b8 (raw_video_10bit_12bit_100D) tip
Built on 2017-01-06 10:03:30 UTC by ml@ml-VirtualBox.
Free Memory  : 516K + 1775K
EOS 100D - 1.0.1

Benster

Installation on my SL1 was a breeze.
Magic Zoom is buggy and flickers a ton.
Powersaving mode: LCD off during recording:  5 seconds works and powers off the LCD, 10 seconds works as well.  anything above that doesn't work and the LCD stays on the whole time.
Movie recording mode:  going pass the 4GB mark sometimes crashes the camera.  Sometimes I can get movie restart to keep recording, sometimes it fails.