HDR Video

Started by to2hov, September 21, 2015, 09:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

to2hov

I'm sorry for the dummy question but I can't seem to find a solution for my problem. I tried searching the forum as well as watching tons of youTube videos but it seems like I don't search the right way or I do smthn completely wrong with my ML settings.

I use ML for long time shooting stills and I'm very happy of it but last two weeks I tried to push some HDR RAW Video and from what I've seen on this forum as well as some YouTube videos when shooting HDR Videos you get stripped .dng files with the two ISOs integrated then you have to convert them with "cr2hdr" and after keep processing the same way you do with RAW Videos. Instead, I'm having two separate ISO frames (12frames x ISO100 and 12frames x ISO1600 per second) which is not what I want! At first I thought its my 5d mk2 not having the ability to record it that way but later (yesterday) I tried shooting with a friend of mine 5d mk3 and it does the exact same thing.

Could you please tell me what wrong am I doing and which ML setting to check/change in order to get the 24frame stripped .dng files?

Best,
Nikola Totuhov

Walter Schulz

You mixed up HDR video and Dual-ISO video.
HDR video will use alternating exposure settings for frames. First one will use ISO A, second one ISO B, third one ISO A, fourth ISO B ... Therefore frame rate will be halfed after HDR conversion.

Dual ISO video will use interleaved lines with different exposures in each frame. 
CR2HDR is for Dual ISO only.

to2hov

How do I turn on Dual ISO video? I can only shoot Dual ISO stills with my 5d mk2.

Thanks,
N.

Walter Schulz

Load Dual-ISO module, configure Dual-ISO in Exposure tab and record MLV.

to2hov

I tried everything but it doesn't work :( when I choose Dual ISO from Exposure tab it says: "[MOVIE] This feature requires you shooting in RAW" and then I shoot it as it says... and also in MLV but still doesn't work :(

Any suggestions?

Walter Schulz

"[MOVIE] This feature requires you shooting in RAW" appears if MLV recording is not activated.

Load mlv_rec.mo + dual_iso.mo, restart cam, activate and configure Dual ISO in Expo tab, activate and configure "RAW video (MLV)" in Movie tab and record. Report results.

to2hov

Quote from: Walter Schulz on September 21, 2015, 11:33:56 PM
"[MOVIE] This feature requires you shooting in RAW" appears if MLV recording is not activated.

MLV recording is activated and still shows the small tip on the bottom you can see on the video I've done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA5a8kkpMXU

Thank you a lot for taking soo long of your time

Walter Schulz

Not sure what you are trying to show with last sequence in photo mode.

I don't have a 5D2 at hand to reproduce. Cannot determine why the message is there in video mode. Maybe it is because 5D2 lacks dedicated video switch. I hope some 5D2 owner jumps in to solve your problem.

to2hov

I tried to show that my Dual ISO still images works great but not the video and thank you one more time Walter, hope somebody answers.  :-\

Danne

Is dual iso working in movie mode with 5d mark 2? i have a feeling it,s not supported?

nikfreak

No FRAME_CMOS_ISO registers are missing in dual_iso module. So it shouldn't be supported in unified.  :P
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

Walter Schulz

Yes, found dmilligan's january reply stating the same.
A1ex has been working on 5D2 ...

to2hov

Oh, thank you guys, I thought I'm doind smthn wrong  :D