Can't find script menu

Started by Bob29, September 02, 2015, 04:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob29

Hello guys,
i'm trying to write my own script with picoc but i realise that there is no script menu on my 550d.
I tried to use the oldest version of ML  (02/05/2014) but still can't find it. ???

Do you have any idea ?  :-[

nikfreak

can't help you with picoc but you might want to take a look at LUA if not already known:
http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14828.msg143477#msg143477

[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

Bob29

thx for your help i'll take a look at lua.
But i still have a little problem (i'm a novice  :'(): i created a very simple script in the ML/scripts folder, i called it autorun.c because i want to run it when i start my camera.
I just wrote a simple :
printf("hello");
sleep(20);
printf("goodbye");

i just wanted to test if the script could work ...
And nothing happened  :(

Well one of my question is : how do u run a script ? there are some scripts samples in the ML/scripts folder but i have no idea how to try them

dmilligan

There is currently no scripting support in nightly builds. Nothing you put in ML/scripts folder is going to be run. The scripting engine is completely missing.

You can compile and build the Lua branch yourself and run that if you like, or wait until its merged and made apart of the nightly builds.

Bob29

oh i see thank you for your answer.
I wanted to write a script to start the camera with motion detect on.
I saw in the magic.cfg : motion.trigger = 1 because i saved the config with motion detect, but when i restart the camera, motion detect is off  :'(

is there some parameter like shoot.motion or something like that ?

dmilligan

I don't think a script is the solution to your problem. You are asking for a modification of the behavior of core ML code, therefore, the change has to be made to that code to get the functionality you are looking for.