5DMKIII RAW + Atomos Ninja 2 Trigger

Started by kevorkd, August 27, 2015, 04:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevorkd

Hello everyone,

When recording in Magic Lantern RAW, does anyone know how to have the 5DMKIII trigger the Atomos Ninja 2 to record prores when hitting record on the 5DMKIII?

It would make my life a hell of a lot easier.

Thanks

jonathan.grevsen

I never got it to trigger either. Had to manually press record on the Atomos. Even without the ML sd card inserted i could not get it to trigger

kevorkd

@jonathan.grevsen

there is a way for you to trigger the Atomos to start recording when not in RAW. You have to go into your "Timecode" settings on the Atomos Ninja and select HDMI as the trigger. you also have to go into your "Timecode" setting on your 5DMKIII and then "HDMI" then "Rec Command" and switch it to On.

kevorkd

If anyone else knows about my problem, I'd GREATLY appreciate advice.

Thanks!

jonathan.grevsen

@kevorkd thanks for that info. I don't have it anymore, so cannot test it, but think I tried everything the whole night!! Thanks again

stevethornton

Same problem, I can record to the Atomos automatically when not recording RAW, but not when is is in RAW (Which is why I bought the Atomos). I can still push both recording buttons. Any ideas or a setting I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

ST

reddeercity

The HDMI out with ML has no timecode I do believe in Raw video , that what the Atomos is looking for.
I think it's just embedded in the H264 , you can have a look at this Thread [Module/5D3] SMPTE experiment, not usable
I do remember when Atomos was first trying to get it working with canon , I think that's what 5d3 firmware 1.2.3 was all about .

Lars Steenhoff

5d3 firmware 1.2.3 can trigger in h264 , in raw the trigger is not active.

The trigger should be enabled somewhere in the ml code, but right now this has not been implemented

There is another threat about it here

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12022.msg140363#msg140363