Develop a module

Started by simedo, July 31, 2015, 11:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simedo

Hello,

I look for a person who would be able to develop a module on Magic Lantern, is anybody interested so that I supply him some specifications so that it makes me an estimate?

Thank you in advance.

nikfreak

Share your idea publicly please so we can answer your question - also search for LUA scripting  :P
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

simedo

The idea is to make a completely transparent automatism for the user who takes several photos in different times of exposure and who are afterward handled by a software of editing HDR.

dmilligan

What is insufficient with the current Advanced Bracket implementation?

simedo

Hi dmilligan,

Thank you for this trick, I actually tried with this option but it has no depiction for which I hoped.
Indeed, one can only give intervals of time of exposure and I would like to give intervals manual workers.

dmilligan

I don't really understand what you are saying. Perhaps also posting in your native language will help, or maybe describing an example of the exact exposure parameters (exposure time, aperture, ISO) for each frame in the bracket that you are trying to achieve.

simedo

Je me permet donc de vous écrire en français, je m'excuse pour mon anglais approximatif.

Ce que nous souhaitons faire :

Prendre 9 photos avec :

Photo 1 : temps d'exposition : 3,2s / Iso : 400
Photo 2 : temps d'exposition : 2s / Iso : 400
Photo 3 : temps d'exposition : 1s / Iso : 400
Photo 4 : temps d'exposition : 1/2s / Iso : 400
Photo 5 : temps d'exposition : 1/8s / Iso : 400
Photo 6 : temps d'exposition : 1/30s / Iso : 400
Photo 7 : temps d'exposition : 1/125s / Iso : 400
Photo 8 : temps d'exposition : 1/500s / Iso : 400
Photo 9 : temps d'exposition : 1/2000s / Iso : 400

Le tout sans que l'utilisateur ne puisse changer ces valeurs, que cela se fasse de manière tout à fait transparente.

dmilligan

Set the camera to 1/2000s, ISO 400

In the ML advanced bracket submenu set:
Bracket type: Tv
Frames: 9
EV increment: 2EV
Sequence: 0 + ++

Walter Schulz

The problem is he only wants 2 EV steps between 1/2 s and 1/2000 s. Between 2 s and 1/2 s he wants 1 EV and then there is an even more odd step from 3.2 to 2 s.
No idea what's behind and no idea why he's not just using 1 EV stepping and throwing away all those not fitting his needs.

simedo

Exactly, it is not possible to use the advanced bracket function because the increments are not the same.
Do you think that it is possible to program a module which would be capable of making this kind of thing?

dmilligan

It can easily be done with a lua script once that functionality is merged.

The question is why do you need something so complicated? Why isn't simple 2EV steps not good enough? If you can give me a valid, convincing reason, I'll write the script for you.