dual ISO on Nexus?

Started by russellsnr, July 30, 2015, 11:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

russellsnr

Hi, Asked back on March 20, 2015 with no reply so try again!! I am using a Nexus 7 tablet with QDSLRController, Magic Lantern Dual ISO and Canon 600D is there a way so that when I review the Dual ISO images on the Nexus7 I can rid of the lines across the image as you do with the Lightroom plug-in?
Many Thanks
Russ

dmilligan

Contact the developer of 'QDSLRController' or write your own similar program that can process the dual ISO images. If the image data being sent from the camera to the tablet isn't raw, you may have some trouble.

russellsnr

Hi, Why would I contact the developer of QDSLRController for an app like the one developed here that allows Dual ISO images from MagicLantern to show up in lightroom on a PC?
And if I had the knowledge to develope one that would be marvelous but I don't!
The DSLRController only sends the images to the Nexus tablet but MagicLantern makes the Dual ISO in camera!!
Thank You
Russ

dmilligan

Quote from: russellsnr on July 30, 2015, 07:01:51 PM
Why would I contact the developer of QDSLRController for an app like the one developed here that allows Dual ISO images from MagicLantern to show up in lightroom on a PC?
If you want the tablet to be able to process Dual ISO, then that's going to have to be a feature in the app on the tablet. So if you want to implement such a feature, you have two choices: convince the developer of the existing app to add such a feature to his app (I assume his app is not open source) OR develop your own app.

This is all based on the assumption that the tablet receives raw image data from the camera. If it does not, then your request is impossible. The QDSLRController developer would likely know this (another reason to contact them).

If the app is not open source, then the developer won't be able to use existing dual ISO processing code which is GPL, unless he open sources his app (he will have to implement dual ISO processing himself). If you write your own app, you can reuse existing cr2hdr code that is part of ML (the lightroom plugin is simply a gui wrapper for the cr2hdr program), so long as you release the source code of your app (to comply with the terms of the GPL).

If the app is open source, perhaps providing a link to the source code here, would spur someone here to implement such a thing.

Danne

I,ve been playing with the idea to create an cr2hdr automator folder which would be synced with maybe bittorrent sync, dropbox or similar. In theory the picture would be converted in sync process. Of course this would only work with a host computer and wifi connection.

DeafEyeJedi

That's a very useful idea... Would it even work on the iPad via wifi? [emoji6]
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109