Canon 6D RAW with new SD Card speed 280

Started by Kidkodak, July 30, 2015, 06:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidkodak

Hello I try to setting my camera with ML in RAW shooting on a SD Extreme pro card 95 MBS and the only result is 24 fps with half HD. Some one write the buffer on 6D are limited and I can't having 29,97 frame rate au half ou full HD. Or it is the SD card who be too slow for this kind of Datas.
By your experiance, If I using the new 280 mbs card (Benched for shure) may I increase the frame rate ?
Thank Kidkodak

Walter Schulz

You haven't benched in cam for sure.
6D SD-card interface write rate is limited to about 41 MByte/s. There is no Canon DSLR supporting UHS-II and all cards will use UHS-I compatiblity mode. If your UHS-II card in made by Sandisk it will not even be close to UHS-I limits at all. In UHS-I write mode it will do just about 46 MByte/s. Other brands do much better in compatibility mode.

Kidkodak

Hello Walter, thank for the answer. If I understand, the top speed SD Card a 6D can writing on it is a real 41 mbs ML installed or not. Incrasing the speed SD Card dont increasing the frame rate or any RAW quality.
Is it correct?
Thank Kidkodak

KelvinK

RAW quality is always same. Card speed only affects only on amount of frames, that's correlated with frame size (resolution).
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

sterid

on 6D you can shoot 1824x776 px for 12 sec only. You can reduce image size for increase shooting time. SD cardreader on 6D limited 41mb\sec  http://rbrune.github.io/mlraw/

Levthon

what if i want to record 10 minutes of raw footage with no pause? then what resolution can i do that with?

Levas

1280x720 resolution with 24/25 frames per second should be good for continuous recording.

29,97 frames per second with 1280x720 is good for 30 seconds of video.

If you want continuous recording time with 29,97 frames per second, you can change aspect ratio to 2.35 or 2.39.
So still 1280 wide resolution and about 540 vertical resolution.