@name

Started by dfort, July 17, 2015, 07:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfort

I'm fairly new to forum etiquette and I believe that I've been using @name in the wrong format for names that have a space in them. I've been including the space and I doubt that works properly. I see that on bitbucket there are alternate user names without spaces. For example Walter Schulz is WalterSchulz and I'm daniel_fort (I'm Daniel Fort on bitbucket). Are there alternate user names for users that have spaces in their user names for this forum?

Audionut

@name doesn't do anything on this forum.  And there is no correlation between bitbucket and this forum, other then this development project uses bitbucket for code control, and this forum for discussion.  :)

dfort

Thanks @Audionut  :P

Ok, I'll stop doing that on this forum.

dmilligan

It does do something if you use the tapatalk app, you get a notification if somebody mentions you like that.

dfort

Quote from: dmilligan on July 25, 2015, 11:05:10 PM
It does do something if you use the tapatalk app, you get a notification if somebody mentions you like that.

Thanks @dmilligan, I've got Tapatalk--so that's how those messages on my iPhone and iPad came to be. I think Tapatalk also sends a message if somebody quotes you.

Hope I'm not annoying you.