Audio Missing in Resolve

Started by nlhenry1, July 05, 2015, 07:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nlhenry1

Hi,

I'm shooting mlv on a 5D3, with audio module enabled (at 44.1khz). When I convert the mlv into DNGs using mlrawviewer, I get a wav file in the folder with the DNGs as you would expect, and the wav file plays just fine in windows media player. However, when I add the clips to my timeline in resolve, the audio clip appears to be added to the timeline, but the sound is missing (no waveforms, it's not just too quiet).

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nathan

DeafEyeJedi

Have you tried with other decent converters out there?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

kgv5

Similar question, didnt want to make the next topic: when using MLVFS for windows (7/8) when i try to sync audio  - audio clips seem to have proper lenght but every clip contains the same sound. Is it possible to have synced sound with MLVFS just like with raw2cdng?
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

nlhenry1

Yes, I tried raw2cdng, and it leads to the exact same thing. Resolve is able to play the file if you copy the same wav file from the converted dng folder to another folder, and then add the copied wav file to your "media" on the media page in resolve. This is really frustrating...has anyone figured out how to get resolve to import audio properly with raw clips?

keepersdungeon

Been testing mlv with sound in DR 12 for the 1st time and I'm having the same problem it imports an empty track, it works fine with premier cc though.

Has this been resolved? Coz I can't seem to find an answer.

tecgen

Try to link the DNG-clip to the audio manually.
Canon 5D Mark II, 50D, 550D/Rebel T2i, EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8, EF 85 f1.8, EF 135 f2.8 SF, Zoom H2n

keepersdungeon

Quote from: tecgen on September 14, 2015, 05:13:28 PM
Try to link the DNG-clip to the audio manually.
Yeah manually should be fine, I was just wondering why it works in PP and not in DR.  Well thanks anyway for ur reply