MLVProducer: [v3200]

Started by AWPStar, May 29, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AWPStar

Thanks for bug-reports!

@Thobias
Can you make an example with bagged audio and share it?

@IDA_ML
>"Render Queue" does not work.  It just creates a proxy folder
What are the export settings? Proxy mode enabled?

4K crash confirmed. Out of memory error.

Freezing while rendering confirmed.
As mvrck said, mlvp doesn't create "output" folder. To fix this you should create it manually or check "Use source folder as default" and restart mlvp.

I will check the others little bit later.
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

IDA_ML

AWPStar,

Proxy mode seems to be enabled all the time since it always creates a subfolder in the manually selected Output directory, (mine is C:\ ...\Desktop\Temp), called "proxy" when I press "Render Queue".  In the "P" mode (red line in the top of the GUI) I get half quality proxies.  When I press "P" again, the red line becomes white and I get corrupt proxy files plus sound files in the "proxy" subfolder.  I do not know what am I doing wrong.  With v.2722, when the top line was white and I press "Render Queue" it would always export the edited files in the Queue one after the other and save them in the selected output folder with the selected settings.  Version 3151 does not behave in the same way.  Progress bar indicates export, in the end the "DONE" message appears but the exported files are missing.  They just don't seem to get saved/written.  Just the subfolder "proxy" with the corrupted files is there.  Version 3151 seems to work roperly only in the proxy mode (red line on top).  The proxy files are OK in this case, just much smaller in size.

My export settings:
--------------------
Export mode: ProResFast
File name: same as original
Frame rate: same as original
Frame step: 1
Include audio: active
Container: MOV
---------------------

I also tried MPEG2 export but it crashes as I explained above.

banertop

Yes, i can confirm

"Render Queue" does not work.  It just creates a proxy folder with proxy files

Everything else seems to be just fine......

mvrck

I want to mention something that I don't think is a bug, but I still wonder if something can be done about it. I'm talking about the Reduce False Color function of MLVProducer, which is pretty necessary with RAW video. It works fine.. unless there are saturated reds in the frame, such as flowers, clothes, etc. It absolutely destroys the reds and it can make the footage unusable. Can something be done about it at all, or is it perhaps too complicated to fix?

AWPStar

Version 3171
mlvp.alpha.build3171.zip

Alias filter

Changelog
Quote## [version 3171] 11.10.2017

### Added
-Alias Filter

### Improvement
-More accurate False Color filter

### Fixed
-Workspace fix
-Proxy export fix
-output directory/mkdir fix
-Cache and 4KVideo fix

### Removed
-System directory

bpv5P

Cool.
Thanks for the new release and all your work AWPStar!

banertop

Cool, very nice

Thank you again.

Does Render Q. works now?

waza57

AWPStar,

Wonderful works! Thanks for MLVProducer tools.

For me, the last update don't works with few MLV's that don't have standard resolutions because I tweak Some  code for 5D2 Nightly Builds.

1880x940
2152x1076

(for example 1856x1044, 1872x1012, 2144x1076 work perfectly)

The viewer of MLVProducer stay desperately black.
MlRawViewer work ok whith all this videos.

Thanks a lot.

IDA_ML

Beautiful work, AWPStar,

If "Render Queue" works then this is a real accomplishment!  I can't wait to check it out!  Keep up this excellent work!

Kharak

@AWPstar

I want to use your program as a quick way to review my lossless footage without having to convert first. but if I add too many MLV's, they dont fit in the Group View folder, instead of stacking the thumpnails above each other, its like a Notepad, the thumpnails continue out of the "folder".

Also, the first MLV that loads after importing multiple MLV's works fine, but when I select any other MLV in the Group view, only the first frame displays correctly and playing the MLV within the program only increases exposure of said frame until completely white. If I chose any of the Logs the frame turns to grey as I play it.

Win 8.1
once you go raw you never go back

banertop

"Also, the first MLV that loads after importing multiple MLV's works fine, but when I select any other MLV in the Group view, only the first frame displays correctly and playing the MLV within the program only increases exposure of said frame until completely white. If I chose any of the Logs the frame turns to grey as I play it."

SAME thing here.

Only if i import mlv files separatly it works fine

mesebar2

First of all, let me state once more how much I love MLVProducer. Thank You

Quote from: Kharak on October 12, 2017, 09:28:26 AM
@AWPstar

Also, the first MLV that loads after importing multiple MLV's works fine, but when I select any other MLV in the Group view, only the first frame displays correctly and playing the MLV within the program only increases exposure of said frame until completely white. If I chose any of the Logs the frame turns to grey as I play it.

Win 8.1

I experience the same issue. If i load more than 1 MLV, all MLVs but the first turn completely white after the first 1-2 frames. (Eos M, lossless 12-bit)

IDA_ML

AWPStar,

I can confirm the same behavior for v.3171 as reported above.  When I import a MLV file it palys and exports fine.  If I add more MLV files to the render queue and click on either of them to open it in the main window, I see  its first frame.  When I try to play the clip, within a few frames it turns totaly white and also Producer exports it that way.  I used MLV files from the 100D shot with the RAW_rec module in the 5x magnification mode at 2520x1080 resolution and 8...11 lossless bitrate to test the v.3171.  If you may need the MLVs that I used for these tests please let me know.  I will try to upload them somewhere and will send you a download link.

I had to switch back to v.3151 which allows me to process and export the MLV clips one by one using the "Render Task" function.

I hope, this information is helpful and look forward to a fixed working new version.  MLV Producer is fantastic !!!  Thank you again for your time and systematic efforts to make this wonderful gift to the Magic Lantern Community.

vstrglv

Thank you very much for the build AWPStar! One Q: how to set file association for .mlv to MLVProducer.exe in Win7. Impossible to remove .mlv file association from Adobe Audition.
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.

AWPStar

@vstrglv
regedit->Find ".mlv"
Remove all associations

vstrglv

Already done. No effect. Will try again.
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.

vstrglv

regedit->Find ".mlv"
Removed all associations. There is no any .mlv in Reg., but impossible to set file association for .mlv to MLVProducer.exe in Win7.

levisfaustus

Run-time error 440
Automation error

receive this error when trying apply preset

v3171
windows 10
intel i5
8gb ram
4gb video mem

also error when trying import or export queue

(antivirus and firewall add exlusion)

levisfaustus

v3171

export in prores 444, dnxhd and other formats will produce different colors (more orange in red for example) in premiere and davinci. Only tiff and png save colors. What could be problem?

66dellwood

Continue to use this amazing tool for my MLV files.  Much appreciated and thanks much.

I also use it to transcode GoPro footage into DNxHD for editing in Davinci Resolve.   Any plans to update so it can output DNxHD in 4k?   I have an underwater shark filming trip coming up and will be shooting in 4k for the first time.

IDA_ML

AWPStar,

It may be interesting for you and all other MLVProducer users to know that v. 3171 also works with the latest MLV-Lite files with sound:

https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16650.msg192176;topicseen#msg192176

My first tests with 8...11 bit losslessly compressed files with sound from the 100D indicate that v.3171 opens them and plays them fine along with the recorded audio and finally exports them to normal H.264 with sound using the Render task function.  It even allows me to copy and paste settings from one file to the others in the Queue window but the Render Queue function is still not stable enough.  For now, I export the files one by one using the Render task function.

reddeercity

@AWPStar , just notice there a problem with file association on win7 pro , it wasn't a problem with previous  versions .
If I right click on .mlv or .raw and change file association and navigate to mlproducer.exe , select it and nothing happen
I can change association to mlvfs.exe or even notepad.exe but not version #3171 mlvproducer.exe .
I tried the regedit tip
Quote from: AWPStar on October 17, 2017, 01:32:25 AM
@vstrglv
regedit->Find ".mlv"
Remove all associations
still nothing , is there something Microsoft is blocking?
I know for sure that my .raw use to show the mlvproducer thumb image icon , no longer.
just check on my i5 laptop and with intel version 2722 , file association is working with .raw and with .mlv
showing the "Pd" thumb image icon .

Kanakori

Hey Guys
Nice workaround here. I tried MLVP and it exported an mlv to prores just fine. But for some reason 90% the times the clip becomes static and white with pink dots, on export and preview. I'm having a really hard time figuring out what's wrong.

IDA_ML

Quote from: Kanakori on November 04, 2017, 08:28:27 PM
But for some reason 90% the times the clip becomes static and white with pink dots, on export and preview.

Yes, preview and batch export in the Render Queue seems to be the most serious problem with v3171. A workaround would be to use the Render task option and export the clips one by one - tedious and time consuming but it works.  Just don't try to preview (play) the clips before export.  This damages them.

AWPStar, if that issue has been fixed already, could you possibly post a new version?  Thank you again for your remarkable work!

banertop

I just exported dozens of mlv files to prores 4444 using render q. with no problems.

But still, problem starts when i import more than one file. So, i need to import files one by one, and than export them with render q. without problems

This is still best mlv software around>)