MLVProducer: [v3200]

Started by AWPStar, May 29, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savely

AWPStar is there a chance to process MLVs from crop_mode in new version? Should we wait?

AWPStar

@Savely
Very small chances.
Digging dcraw sources.
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

Savely

Ok, I see. Tnx for response.

AWPStar

First testing of plugin system.

i will update SDK soon.

reddeercity

@AWPStar looking good , can't wait to try  8)

lordwilli

Hi Guys,

Can i use Redlog Color Space, render it on Cinema DNG, and work in Davinci Resolve on REDLog Gamma?

I'm interested in working with AlexaLogC and RedLog in Davinci..

Any advice will be helpful!

Thanks!!

AWPStar

@lordwilli
Color scape doesn't affect to DNG, because it's raw.
I can do special function for this and hide it deeper in interface.

lordwilli

@AWPStar Right! I just realized that it won't affect DNG file..

Do you think i can export RedLog/Alexa Color Space to ProRes 4444 so i can get RED/Alexa look?

Well i wish there is .R3D export setting there :D

I'm waiting for that feature!!

Thankyou so much AWPStar! Great work!

csoller

Yo, sorry if this has already been asked... I am an mlv newbie, looking for a software to simply output cdng for ps then 3dequalizer.
I get a pinkish hue after converting. The preview is fine. Any ideas? 6d with latest 10 bit ml nightly. Is 10 bit mlv supported?
Update: mov output works, so i assume 10 bit is no problem. My first guess would be white balance.

anonymous image sites

I think its just white balance. The wb is way off in the exported dng, but as far as i can tell it can be fully corrected.

Thanks for this amazing software, i used mlrawviewer years ago, was disappointed when found out its abandoned. This is even better...

AWPStar

AWPStar

csoller

Quote from: AWPStar on June 25, 2017, 02:41:41 AM
@csoller
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=15271.msg185573#msg185573

White balance and DNG-files will be fixed in new version.

I was able to fix it quickly, just panicked because i rarely use mlv...
Thanks for the response and the effort u are putting into this.

(This is the best post software on ml, this thread should be stickied imo.)

bpv5P

@AWPStar Just saw your plugin system. Have you thought about AVISynth support? For example, it has a script that would help with aliasing when using dual_iso, called Tlsophote.
There's also stabilization (CelStabilize), denoise (Deathray) and sharpen (ReCon) scripts. And the high quality algorithm for interpolation Spline64, that would be good for anamorphic footages.

reddeercity

Yea !  :D :D MLVProducer finally made it to the Sticky Topics

AWPStar

@reddeercity
wow, that's cool!

@bpv5P
Not sure that this is possible; Currently, Avisynth only supports 8-bit video. Avisynth has plugin system. But i cannot plug Avisynth in as a plugin - only its plugins. without script.

escho

Wow!
Tried MLVProducer under linux, using wine and winetricks. Playback is running well, rendering freezes the app. But since I use mlv_dump and ffmpeg for converting my astronimical mlv-videos for stacking, that´s no problem for me.
Great work

Edgar
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

PaulHarwood856

Hello Magic Lantern Community,

I recently converted from Mac to PC, and am using Windows 10. I cannot seem to figure out how to export dngs out of MLVProducer. I personally like taking DNGs and putting them in After Effects to transcode with Cinelog-C. I had to use mlv dump which took a really long time. I couldn't figure out how to batch export. Is there a batch export to dngs option in MLVProducer? I'm new to PC, and couldn't get MLVFS to work, and I tried for hours. Please, if anyone can help me, I would be really appreciative. Thanks.

- Paul

bpv5P

Paul, you need to open the MLV file, go to the "output" panel, choose DNG and click "render task".
I would suggest you use CinemaDNG instead. It's basically the DNG's into a single file, it will open on after effects (camera raw) the same way, but will save you some size (lossless compression) and is easier to organize (don't need folders with loads of DNG's in them).

sys73r

I'm running mlvp.alpha.build2722.INTEL on OSX 10.10 and after correcting a short 2 minute 1920x1080-24FPS footage and trying to export as ProRes 444 FAST it process it until 99% and  doesn't finish. it leaves the wav and the mov files in the output directory and doesn't complete the task, the application seems to freeze out.

any suggestions?

PaulHarwood856

bpv5P
Freshman

Re: MLVProducer
« Reply #892 on: July 13, 2017, 08:25:58 PM »
Paul, you need to open the MLV file, go to the "output" panel, choose DNG and click "render task".
I would suggest you use CinemaDNG instead. It's basically the DNG's into a single file, it will open on after effects (camera raw) the same way, but will save you some size (lossless compression) and is easier to organize (don't need folders with loads of DNG's in them).

This worked great thank you! Is there any way to do a batch render? I had to choose each MLV file for the Cinema DNGs to render.

Also, I cannot make any lens corrections in Adobe Camera Raw with these Cinema DNGs (or the DNGs I exported with MLV Dump). On Mac, this wasn't an issue. But on Windows, I cannot even use the sliders manually. CR2 Files work fine, no problems. I went to the Tokina 11-16 f2.8 DX II lcp file and placed it under my user name in Camera Raw, Lens Profiles, to still no avail. I even edited the file, changing the word "True" to False" for the entire file. Restarted the computer, still nothing. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. I don't think Adobe will help me because Cinema DNGs don't directly come from the Canon DSLR, but from software.

- Paul

reddeercity

Quote from: PaulHarwood856 on July 17, 2017, 04:19:57 AM
Is there any way to do a batch render?
Yes , use the file dropdown menu then select as many mlv/raw file as you like.
Short cut key Ctrl+O
Windows user tip
you can select all by hi-lighting the first file then go to the last file with the "shift key" pressed Hi-light the last file and all will be hi-lighted for import
Enable "Group View" in the Windows dropdown menu and double click on each file to load and make your adjustments .
Remember , you need to set output for each or use the global tab then hit the "Render Task"
I just tested 4 mlv's with different output (Cdng's & ProRes4444) to different hard drive location with success .
Hope that's useful & helpful

PaulHarwood856

Hey reddeercity,

Ok great, thank you so much! I'll make sure to try this out. Have you by any chance experienced lens profile correction issues in Adobe Camera Raw on PC?

- Paul

reddeercity

Quote from: PaulHarwood856 on July 17, 2017, 05:57:44 AM
by any chance experienced lens profile correction issues in Adobe Camera Raw on PC?
No , all my Canon EF lens came up automatically except Sigma 50mm prime F1.4 EX DG .
I have to select it from the dropdown menu and enable it manually , I have CS6 on Win7 .

PaulHarwood856

Hey reddeercity,

Ok I understand. Thanks for testing this. It's odd, I can pick Tokina, 11-16mm f2.8 DX II for Canon, but nothing happens when I choose it, or move the disortion and vignetting sliders. I'm using the most recent version of Adobe CC.

- Paul

keepersdungeon

Hello, tried MLVProducer last night for the 1st time and was pretty pleased. Great work! I do have couple or questions though about the formats, I was trying it with raw 10 bit and 12 to test them out, and exported to ProRes 4444, H. 264 and the dng files.
I color grade in resolve, but I couldn't open H. 264 with it,
1- any idea why?
And my other question
2- which would u recommend most using ProRes or the dngs? I just read above about the cinemadng having one file instead of a folder with whole bunch of dng files.
And 3- if I export to ProRes the sharpness made with MLVProducer won't be applied right?
Thanks for the help

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk