MLVProducer: [v3200]

Started by AWPStar, May 29, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noipego

3d lut creator intergration sounds great!...thx alot AWPStar for this awesome software

AWPStar

MLVProducer and Color Grading in 3D Lut Creator
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

Brawl

hello AWPStar I wish to ask your help please. It seems that any video that I shoot in raw with my 7D and converted with MLVProducer have a dicrete amount of magenta cast. It's something related with the white balance.
The images show the mlv opened in MLVP and then the video converted in cinema dng and opened in premiere pro.

Thx!

AWPStar

@Brawl
Hello!
MLVP sets default white balance.

Premiere allow to edit WB
https://w68.imgup.net/dngWB55e4.png

Brawl

Thanks a lot for reply, I did a comparison test with other apps. do you think is it possible to do something to make the cinema dng white balance the same as the MLVP preview in app please? this would be very super useful for me.

I'm not sure this test would be useful I just tested all that could be possible, I hope it may have a sense.

This test is done with mlrawviewer 1.4.3 https://bitbucket.org/baldand/mlrawviewer/downloads/MlRawViewer_1_4_3_win32.zip

Preview in app

Preview in premiere

It's default source settings (I didn't touch it)

This test is done with raw2cdng 1.7.9 http://www.phreekz.de/wordpress/2014/04/magiclantern-raw2cdng-1-5-0/

Preview in app

Preview in premiere

Its default source settings

I repeated the test with the lastest version of MLVP 2722

Preview in app

Preview in premiere

Its default source settings

here I changed the default cinema dng source settings of the MLVP file to match the source settings values of the other two app tested. I did not found similarity in colors.

MLVP was default 4.354 and I changed it to 4.188 to match the value of the raw2cdng 1.7.9 default settings

the original raw2cdng at 4.188

and now from MLVP (4.354) to match the source settings of mlrawviewer for this video at 5.027

the original mlrawviewer at 5.027

If you need it I will upload the original MLV of this test.

Thanks alot for your kindness and support!

AWPStar

@Brawl
Quotedo something to make the cinema dng white balance the same as the MLVP preview
I think this if possible.

QuoteIf you need it I will upload the original MLV of this test.
would be useful. If it's not too large.

Brawl

thank you really so much AWPStar! I hope it is not too large it's 1.45 GB.

link to download: https://mega.nz/#!bksDTKoR
password: !WFX6PQIfKOletMk12smBin6uv975R2gsiAqY9m_QLGI

p.s.

the place in the video is Assisi in Umbria Italy. :)
(canon 7D + vaf filter).

ibrahim

What is the most stable version of MLProducer thus far. Could I get the download link.  :)
Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

AWPStar

@ibrahim
First post. Latest version sould be more or less stable.

pc_bel

Hi AWPStar,

I have a problem with MLVP 2722 Intel.
When I render a 10 bit mlv file in H264 422 or H264 444 I can see a *tmp file in the output directory (with the final size listed), but when it finish, the file dissapears and only remain on disk the audio file. In DNxHD it works ok, and in H264 420 is ok too (tmp file shows 0Kb untill render finish, and then it shows real size).

May be a bug? I don't know...

Thank you.

MagicLantern crop3x2015jan135D3113
Windows 7 pro.

pc_bel

Now, after reboot, I can't open MLVP!!!! :-[

RenatoPhoto

In some circumstances I have seen the tmp file stay after MLVProduces quits.  In this situation MLVProducer has refused to start.  Remove the *.tmp file from the output directory and the problem is fixed.  Maybe MLVprolducer should check for the existance of this file and delete, or have an option to delet it, if it exist in the output directory.
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

pc_bel

Thanks RenatoPhoto!!!

But I don't see any tmp file remaining in disk. Now deleted all folder containing MLVP and copied again. Now works but still doing tests. I will post about it.

Thanks.

pc_bel

MLVP 2722 intel.

More testing same result.

H264 422 and DNxHD1080 work ok, but H264 444 or RGB don't work. Only audio file remains in disk.

TrEK

Tellme please... is it better this soft then raw2cdng ?

aworkofmarc

Hello.

The RGB Parade and the Waveform do not show.. nothing but blank black box. Win 7
If you can't fix it with a hammer -- Ya got an electrical problem.

AWPStar

@aworkofmarc
Hi, Have you tried to refresh frame?

ibrahim

Hi,
I have two questions.
If I convert mlv to cdng do I get 16-bit images?

In case I get green cast from conversion how do i solve it in MLV producer?
Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

AWPStar

Yes. you got 16bit dng out of mlvp.

QuoteIn case I get green cast from conversion how do i solve it in MLV producer?
You can correct black level at the input tab.

pc_bel

QuoteI have a problem with MLVP 2722 Intel.
When I render a 10 bit mlv file in H264 422 or H264 444 I can see a *tmp file in the output directory (with the final size listed), but when it finish, the file dissapears and only remain on disk the audio file. In DNxHD it works ok, and in H264 420 is ok too (tmp file shows 0Kb untill render finish, and then it shows real size).

May be a bug? I don't know...

Thank you.

MagicLantern crop3x2015jan135D3113
Windows 7 pro.

Hi AWPStar,

any advice for my problems?

Thanks.

ibrahim

If I've shot footage in dual iso and ETTR (on my 5d3 1.1.3), which of the following options do I select in MLV producer:

Low ISO
High ISO
balanced
noise priority
resolution priority

And what about any other settings other than whites, blacks and such of course for non-Dual ISO footage.

Thanks in advance

ibrahim

Quote from: ibrahim on February 19, 2017, 09:58:14 AM
If I've shot footage in dual iso and ETTR (on my 5d3 1.1.3), which of the following options do I select in MLV producer:

Low ISO
High ISO
balanced
noise priority
resolution priority

I would appreciate to get some explaination on when to use each of the options above.

And what about any other settings other than whites, blacks and such of course for non-Dual ISO footage. i.e. What do I have to check in the software while I use 5d3 footage and 600d footage.

Thanks in advance

Can anyone help med with this question?

Can I use the program only for dual iso video or even stillimages?

Thanks in advance

66dellwood

Love the tool.  Am away from my editing computer otherwise would check.

Can MLVP convert h.264 files to DNXhd or hr?

AWPStar

@66dellwood
Yes. You can import video.

Savely

Dear developer of MLVP, can you add to output some lossless video codec? Problem with ffvnuff lossless that it didn't readable by Adobe products. I've tried to convert ffvnuff to ffv1 (that is essentially same and also lossless) and had ffv1 in avi that readable by Adobe, but with horrible loss of quality. Prores4444 doesn't help too - i've tried to color grade it with Adobe Camera Raw but there were visible artefacts and loss in quality. Could you please add uncompressed avi or other uncompressed video codec like ffv1 or logarith because except lossless ffvnuff (that unreadable) there are just uncompressed DNG sequence that is so hard to process. Thanks in advance for any response.