MLVProducer: [v3200]

Started by AWPStar, May 29, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AWPStar

Send me all bug reports, screenshots, suspicions, mlv/raw files that doesn't work, and description of the problem.

For mac users:
App can be run on Mac with Wine and probably vodka.see posts

Features:
-Correction, Curves, Filters
-Encode to  h264, ProRes, DNxHD, FFVH, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, CinemaDNG, DNG
-File formats: MOV, MP4, AVI, MXF, MPEG, DNG, PNG, JPEG, TIFF
-HDR Processing
-Dual-ISO(in progress)
-Focus Dots suppression
-Vertical Stripes suppression
-Horizontal noise reducing
-Apply 3DLut: .cobe, .3dl
-Color Spaces: Linear, sRGB, AdobeRGB, ClogC, CanonLogC, AlexaLogC, REDLog, BMDFilm, Cineon, REC709, SLog, SLog2, SLog3, SLogF35, Panasonic V-Log,...
-Multithreading
-Demosaic with different algorithms.
-Group\Global editing
-Cache frames almost like AE. 1.5GB Limit.
-Process MLV and RAW Files
-.M00,M01,Mxx.. Files
-.R00,R01,Rxx.. Files
-14, 12, 10, 8 bit support
-lj92 support
-Process Huge files.
-Process some broken files.
-Video Import

-Audio Support
-16bit precessing
-measuring tools: Histogram, Waveform, RGBParade, RGB Balance

I will accept any ideas of functionality, filters or challenges :)

This is alpha version. So it can crashes.

Plugin SDK v0.1. source.

Version 3370
mlvp.alpha.build3370.zip

twitter

FFMPEG for windows XP

MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

kgv5

Hi, that is interesting.
Could you implement batch export of some lower quality proxy movie files? Export time would be crucial, it could use some very basic, low quality encoding just to be fast and give an ability to work in a field even on weak laptops. Mlrawviewer is great but unfortunatelly it is not developed anymore, it has only high quality export and it can be very slow on older machines. My point is: im out for a couple of days,  i have only a basic laptop with me, i am shooting some things and i would like to check the footage, generate low quality proxys and work with them, change to full quality on desktop computer when back home. I have laptop with i5, 12gb of ram, weak nvidia 920m, 5200rpm HDD - mlrawviewer plays almost in real time. THere is no proxy option, export to high quality prores is painfully slow. Could you do something to improve that?
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

AWPStar

QuoteI have only a basic laptop with me, i am shooting some things and i would like to check the footage, generate low quality proxys and work with them
Actually, yes! I thought about it, and i did it in prototype. There are several ways to improve encode speed: H264 with low bit-rate, Fast PreRes codec, using leaner or pixeldemosaicing or even double downscale. Color space conversion does not affect the speed. I can implement a few methods.

And i forgot about the sound. I need mlv-samples with audio tracks. From different cams.

reddeercity

Nice App ! but I having black-level problems, green cast no matter what I set the level to, using 5D2 MLV files, black-level should be 1750  looks better at 2000
and at play back I get flashing frames some are B/W others are just white or black. Also Pink Hi-Lights in the close to over-expose areas, 
It's like the app is clipping the high-lights and crushing the blacks,
and to be clear there is not problem with the test MLV file as I have processed it thought Mac- MLVFS to A.E.CC/ACR export to ProRes4444XQ
also tested it on Windows 7pro with raw2cdng to Premiere Pro CC2014. It would be nice if you could explain the key functions and or Hot keys used.
For export , I think you should include Cdng's & I like the idea of a MLV header editor. One last thing, It would great to give the file Info (metadata) e.g. Frame W/H ,fps, ISO, etc....
Good job thou, keep developing this app I see big potential here.
Test computer: i5 dell(1764), 8GB ram , 240 GB SSD, ATI Radeon HD4300

AWPStar

reddeercity
Thank you!

Quotebut I having black-level problems
I just added black level control manually.
I have an idea to make auto black level calculation from the darkest frame.

There's green button. It should levels green to normal.

Can you send me mlv-sample with troubles? I have 50D that has the same black level. But it looks fine.

Quoteand at play back I get flashing frames some are B/W others are just white or black.
And i fixed the problem with frame cache.

QuoteIt would be nice if you could explain the key functions
In the near future I'm going to write the manual. But it's simple.
Three buttons: 1. Green Correction 2. Debayering method 3. Color space.
Then filters.

Quoteand or Hot keys used
There's no hot keys yet. But will be.

QuoteI think you should include Cdng's
I need to dig in cdng file format

QuoteOne last thing, It would great to give the file Info (metadata) e.g. Frame W/H ,fps, ISO, etc....
Sure!

new version

kgv5

Hi AWPStar, could you implement:
-in/out points for export
-lower quality preview but faster
-ability to drag/drop many files and buttons/hot keys for next/previous

www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

arrinkiiii

WOW  Very nice =)   

Its open source ?   

If possible, please, please just integrate this http://opencolorio.org/  on the app for we use Cinelog from Andy6000 and LUT's. I don't have time for today to try out your app but if the recover buttons (shadows/highlight)  work good it will be just wonderful. In ACR you can't do this because you will have exposure change in the video.  Looks very promising =)   ...of course h.265 would be more nice  :P  8)

Andy600

Hi @AWPStar - Nice idea! I have a suggestion/request. Before adding a bunch of editing/grading features, concentrate on integrating pixel-accurate, fast metering (i.e. a vectorscope, RGB parade, histogram etc). Most of these transcoding apps fail because the end user cannot accurately judge things like white balance, levels, saturation etc - it's not something that can be done easily without scopes, even by a pro on a calibrated reference monitor.

Also, why not just pickup development on MLRawViewer instead of building an app from scratch? The source code is available and it's 'nearly there' in terms of usability. It could use a more visually intuitive point-and-click GUI rather than hotkeys and, of course, meters.

If you plan to integrate certain ML algorithms (by a1ex) you will be required to publish your source code due to GNU licensing conditions.

Keep up the good work! :)
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

AWPStar

Quote from: kgv5 on May 30, 2015, 09:55:27 AM
Hi AWPStar, could you implement:
-in/out points for export
-lower quality preview but faster
-ability to drag/drop many files and buttons/hot keys for next/previous
-yes
-yes
-Thinking about it. It is posible, but difficult to integrate with current cache system. And you bet i'll try.

Quote from: arrinkiiii on May 30, 2015, 10:49:14 AM
WOW  Very nice =)   

Its open source ?   

If possible, please, please just integrate this http://opencolorio.org/  on the app for we use Cinelog from Andy6000 and LUT's. I don't have time for today to try out your app but if the recover buttons (shadows/highlight)  work good it will be just wonderful. In ACR you can't do this because you will have exposure change in the video.  Looks very promising =)   ...of course h.265 would be more nice  :P  8)
So Cinelog is OpenSource, but i cant use it without integrading with OpenColorIO?

Quote from: Andy600 on May 30, 2015, 12:15:14 PM
Hi @AWPStar - Nice idea! I have a suggestion/request. Before adding a bunch of editing/grading features, concentrate on integrating pixel-accurate, fast metering (i.e. a vectorscope, RGB parade, histogram etc). Most of these transcoding apps fail because the end user cannot accurately judge things like white balance, levels, saturation etc - it's not something that can be done easily without scopes, even by a pro on a calibrated reference monitor.

Also, why not just pickup development on MLRawViewer instead of building an app from scratch? The source code is available and it's 'nearly there' in terms of usability. It could use a more visually intuitive point-and-click GUI rather than hotkeys and, of course, meters.

If you plan to integrate certain ML algorithms (by a1ex) you will be required to publish your source code due to GNU licensing conditions.

Keep up the good work! :)
There is histogram. I want to add waveform/RGB parade. Vectorscope not now. mb later.

i don't know python. And sometimes it is useful to reinvent the wheel.
What ML algorithms (by a1ex)?

Andy600

@AWPStar - Cinelog is commercial, not OS (some of it is artistic but mainly technical). We have our own processing routines for building special luts and camera profiles and we do all the math ourselves plus Cinelog can be used for many different cameras and colorspaces, not just ML/DNG. You can find all the transfer functions and primary transform math (the same data we base much of Cinelog on) in most camera manufacturers white papers and you could even implement debayering to Cinelog reference colorspace (a derivative of Log-C) if you want - the coefficients are on our website.

OpenColorIO is OS and can be implemented freely. There are ACES 1.0 configurations and basic 1D transfer function configs (default Nuke config) but there are presently no IDTs for ML raw shooting cameras (I'm working on those, or will be once we sort out the color meta). Cinelog OCIO config has a few more options, colorspaces and transforms for working with DNGs in ACR/AE/Premier and DaVinci Resolve.

re: GPU - there is a big (ugly) post about it here http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11879.0 It applies if you plan a commercial, closed source app for developing MLRaw files, in which case you have a choice to publish source code or develop your own algorithms. If it's free it's still a good idea to publish your source code as users may chip in and help.

Incidentally, the color specific work we are presently doing for ML will be OS - the aim of this is to get support for MLV in ACES.

Also, as you are not really tied to a specific internal colorspace you should consider using ACES. I'd be happy to assist you with the math for backend transforms but you would have to implement the actual code.
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

DeafEyeJedi

@Andy600 has a valid point about the possibility to try and finalize MLRV since its "nearly completed" and works for both Mac and PC.

However, I also understand @AWPStar's perspective that it may be easier to start from scratch especially if he doesn't know Python.

I just tried running the latest MLVProducer on Windows here at work on their computers and I must admit it does look promising.

Just either try to duplicate as much as possible from MLRV or stick with your original plan. Windows users will be happy on their end.

Thanks for sharing and best of luck!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Danne

Very nice indeed. Read something about luts and open color.Not on windows but 1d and 3d lut implementation is always nice. Being able to add maybe three luts on top of each other?

g3gg0

looks promising, nice.

some questions about your code:
a) is it open source?
b) does it use any of ML's code?
c) do you include header files like mlv.h?

Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

AWPStar

Quote from: g3gg0 on May 31, 2015, 12:48:06 AM
looks promising, nice.

some questions about your code:
a) is it open source?
b) does it use any of ML's code?
c) do you include header files like mlv.h?
a) Why not? But not now. In addition: code in FreeBasic and VB6.
b) No, i haven't used any sources.
c) No. It's my own project. I working on it by myself.
By the way. Can you help me with file format? i know that some people using it.

g3gg0

a) okay, but open source is highly encouraged
b)/c) good to hear then

you mean MLV format?
sure, what do you want to know?
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

AWPStar

Quote from: g3gg0 on May 31, 2015, 01:30:46 AM
a) okay, but open source is highly encouraged
b)/c) good to hear then

you mean MLV format?
sure, what do you want to know?
No, i meant RAW. Sorry, just missed one word =)
I can not find RAW specification. Need a structure.

g3gg0

structure: [raw image][raw image][raw image][raw image][raw image][raw image]....[raw_info_footer]

AWPStar

Quote from: g3gg0 on May 31, 2015, 09:24:17 AM
structure: [raw image][raw image][raw image][raw image][raw image][raw image]....[raw_info_footer]
Footer at the end? Interesting. Do you you know footer's structure and lenght?
I can get length cause i know frame size.

There's some delimiters between frames?

I got something like:
4 Bytes: RAWM
2 Bytes: Width
2 Bytes: Height
4 Bytes: Frame data size
2 Bytes: Frame's count
some 6 bytes
2 Bytes: Frame rate

And frame data size of larger than Raw Data. 2176 extra

AWPStar

kgv5
I just achieved 50fps with 1920x1080 in ultra fast mode on my Phenom II B55. But, without encoding.
(14->16bit->Green Correction->Pixel Demosaic)

g3gg0

its the same raw_info structure that you have in MLV's RAWI block

AWPStar

Hmm... I've never used RAWI block except to get .xRes and .yRes. Looks like i should dig it.

arrinkiiii

AWPStar

I need files with focus dots to make sure that my "dot's remover" works with different resolutions. Can somebody provide them?

KelvinK

Do you need DNG sequences or just single DNG?
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

vertigopix

What about open source ?
As you may know we highly prefer OS here...
And I think that we don't want to start another "bad plan"...
So your comments about this fact are welcome !