Need info/help - How to manage Naming Raw files in camera?

Started by joaomoutinho, May 29, 2015, 12:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joaomoutinho

Hello guys!

I was wondering if I could give a Custum name to my files IN camera, in order to get my projects organized. (instead of the standard "M29-2032" I could get my own "naming/numbering" convention to better suit my projects and to be able not to waste so many time just dealling with files and folders and sub folders....

I have this huge problem when I am shooting RAW because the file name dont appear in the top of the EV! (in h264 I have this information but in RAW I dont)

So, afterwards, when I am working in my projects, It gets a lot confusing and I spend hours figure things out. I am a 1 man band so, it is pretty heavy.

My camera is the 50D, so, you can Imagine how things get really hard in Post. The Sync of image to sound its, on its own, a time consuming process in our days.

Please, help me with this huge issue!

Thanks a lot guys.

Andy600

I haven't used it for a while but I'm sure that's what the IME module(s) are for http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6899.0. Use .MLV and you can enter some shot metadata.
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com