6D ML RAW producing rainbow color speckles with specific lenses

Started by Jaysenedwinward, May 13, 2015, 03:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KelvinK

Would be nice to find some app processing DNG's files to upscaled DNG's with same decent algorithm LR uses.
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

Levas

You can upscale raw DNG's but you can't save them as raw DNG's after that.
No program in the world does that.
Maybe there are programs that could save them as a linear DNG, but that's almost the same as TIFF, and not a raw bayerpattern image.

keepersdungeon

Quote from: Levas on June 04, 2015, 10:39:27 AM
If you have wide angle shots at small apertures like F8 or F11, so everything is almost in focus, you must try the microcontrast settings in the sharpening tab in RawTherapee.

Just gave  it a try, works great! Love the small details!
Btw going back to moire RT works great but sometimes not sure why it removes a part of it but some reappear on another frame, so I had to go back to LR and use the moire brush works gd, but it's just a pain in the ass to paint over every frame.

Levas

How are you using RT, do you just load the dngs and let the program do'auto level' for exposure and stuff?
For movie, you must use the 'neutral' button in the exposure tab and manual adjust the sliders. After that you must copy the settings with the copy button, select all dngs (ctrl-a) and paste settings to all(ctrl-v).
Sometimes I use the defringe module, it's on the same tab as sharpening. You can customize the defringe module for different colors, works great for color moire.

keepersdungeon

Quote from: Levas on June 06, 2015, 08:25:54 PM
How are you using RT, do you just load the dngs and let the program do'auto level' for exposure and stuff?
For movie, you must use the 'neutral' button in the exposure tab and manual adjust the sliders. After that you must copy the settings with the copy button, select all dngs (ctrl-a) and paste settings to all(ctrl-v).
Sometimes I use the defringe module, it's on the same tab as sharpening. You can customize the defringe module for different colors, works great for color moire.

No I did not put it on neutral, although I did modify some stuff manually but I guess, there were other attributes on auto then. I'll give that a try with the defringe as well. Again thanks for tips! Really appreciate it.