Switch for macOS Catalina/Linux (former cr2hdr.app)

Started by Danne, May 05, 2015, 04:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Thanks. Been through those links but never had the time to dig in. If you have some knowledge in this field I'd be happy to assist you explaining what's going on in Switch. Could start porting mlv_dump for instance.

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Danne on October 11, 2017, 09:15:42 PM
Thanks. Been through those links but never had the time to dig in. If you have some knowledge in this field I'd be happy to assist you explaining what's going on in Switch. Could start porting mlv_dump for instance.

I'd be happy to help contribute this project in getting @Danne's scripting work into a GUI wrapper.

I'm with you on this one @Lars Steenhoff!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Lars Steenhoff

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJwvPtD4vRI

Slides
http://macadmins.psu.edu/files/2017/07/psumac2017-141-Bringing-bash-to-Xcode-1kc5g1b.pdf

I found a simple tutorial for adding bash scripts in Xcode

I don't wan't spam the thread with GUI stuff, I just think this might be a good way to start working on in Xcode.
@DeafEyeJedi Do you have Xcode installed?
@Danne Do you think you could set up a Switch GUI repo in git where we can work on an Xcode project together.

Danne

Wow, looks good. Thanks. Don´t worry about spamming. Just put in any info you find on this.
I create a repository on bitbucket right? Same as git? Will check some more tomorrow, but seems interesting enough.

DeafEyeJedi

Lars Steenhoff

Nice!

We will set up a repo for hosting the project and we can start connecting scripts and adding layout ideas.
The only thing we need to find out is if we can interface with the scripts from Xcode.

I'm playing around in Xcode, following the tutorial.

DeafEyeJedi

What a great start already. Loving how the foundation layout looks from Xcode!  8)

Will need to read up some more on the tutorial. Thanks for jump starting on this @Lars Steenhoff!

dfort

How about setting up the repository on Bitbucket. That's where Magic Lantern and Switch live. Makes it easier when submitting pull requests.

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern

https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/switch

Teamsleepkid

that looks seriously nice. easy to use. really great.
EOS M

Lars Steenhoff

@Dfort. Yes on bitbucket
@Danne you can set up a repo on bitbucket and I will make a commit

Danne

I created a project in mercurial. Will this work Lars? I also added you to the project. You should be able to put up stuff immediately. Please have a look.
You seem to have gotten fast into this workflow around xcode and it already looks very promising. Feel free to start off any way you like. Personally I would start my focus on building the functions for mlv_dump and get those working before adding other stuff but that´s only my opinion.

Sidenote:
Nothing against cinelog but it is not included in Switch which is gpl open source based.

Lars Steenhoff

Yes great, I will add the xcode project.
I was just playing with the Gui elements in xcode, Your right, now its time to setup a first real case.
As for cinelog, I would imagine we can support a user folder with luts. So we don't include cinelog in the build.

Danne

Nice.
I include some logs inside Switch. They are converted to 3D luts which in no way is optimal for 1D logs. Unfortunately ffmpeg can´t work with 1D luts so it´s a workaround.
Looking forward to whatever pops up into this project. Will help and dig in as much as I can...

Lars Steenhoff

I created a branch develop and added the code project there

You can open the project in Xcode with Switch.xcodeproj
and press play to see the first version.

Right now it's just the GUI layout and the app icon.
The layout is in progress.

The script AppDelegate.applescript is the one that can interact with the bash scripts.

Danne

Great Lars. Inspiring. Like your SwitchIcon. Will dive in tonight. Working...

DeafEyeJedi

Indeed it is inspiring. Here's how it looks running Switch.xcodeproj via Xcode for those who are curious.

http://vimeo.com/237937004

ilia3101

Good work! looks really functional and pretty
I like GUIs :D

IDA_ML

DeafEyeJedi,

I cannot see it.  It's an embedded video, isn't it?  Could you please post a link to it?  Thank you.

IDA_ML

Thank you so much, Danne!  I will be looking forward to a Win x64 version.  I wish I could help but I have no coding skills whatsoever!

Keep up the good work, guys!

OlRivrRat

While I also am a big fan of GUIs, I would like to pose this observational warning.

GUI Builders, in what I would guess to be an attempt to make things Neat & Tidy, can

end up Hiding Functionality Behind Doors/Pull Downs.

Even though I'm Not a savvy Terminal User, I Really Like the Simplicity of Switches

present iteration in that all the Major Functionality Choices are Upfront & Visible in the

Main Menu. Thus I'm hoping that the GUI will contain a similar Main Menu.

Huge applauds for this effort.
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

Danne

Great to hear Olivrat. My exact intention with Switch.
With that said I welcome the initiative to build a nice gui here and who knows. Might be even faster than terminal ;)

togg

Just saw of the GUI, very nice. Will be easier to spot what doesn't make sense flow wise. Within this new GUI vibe maybe it should be fixed the ambiguity about "vertical stripes" etc etc

OlRivrRat

Will the GUI be Put Up in the 1st Post when ready for use?
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)