The cr2hdr automator app is a multithreaded mac solution being able to process dualiso as well as non dualiso files coming from Magic Lantern generated CR2, DNG, RAW and MLV files. Different magic lantern related workflows are all being simplified through different self explanatory bash menus which all are started from within Main menu.
Following processing workflows are included:* Process dual iso generated files from multiple cameras
* Process CR2, DNG, dng, RAW and MLV files(both dualiso and non dualiso)
* Export to ProRes4444 and proxy(FFmpeg, dcraw)
* Process other files such as mov, mts, mpeg etc to ProRes(X to ProRes menu)
* HDR processing from MOV files. (ffmpeg tblend averaging filter. 48, 50, or 60fps recommended)
* 3D lut support(cube)
* White balance correction
* Darkframe averaging automation(mlv_dump)
* Flatframe automation(mlv_dump)
* MLVFS workflow integration
* MlRawViewer integration(previewing)
* Full auto mode
The program itself is depending on cr2hdr(a1ex) and mlv_dump(g3gg0, a1ex) raw2dng(a1ex), dcraw
(dave Coffin) and FFmpeg
(Fabrice Bellard) for processing the different dualiso generated files. Processing includes white balance correction through exiftool
(Phil Harvey), exiv2
(Andreas Huggel) and bwfmetaedit
(FADGI) for audio metadata adding and if adobe dng converter is installed in applications folder cr2hdr(.app) is able to include perfect correlation of white balance going from CR2 to dng files. cr2hdr(.app) also includes a menu selector created in bash from where the user can select or deselect different settings inside cr2hdr(.app). Included in code as well is dfort pixel fixing lists for cameras with focus pixels such as eos m, 650D etc. https://bitbucket.org/daniel_fort/ml-focus-pixels
Also incorporated is a MLVFS workflow menu. For this to work and take effect you need MLVFS
(dmilligan) installed onto your system. In conjunction with MLVFS I also put in very fine movie player MlRawViewer
cr2hdr(.app) works with different menus created in bash from where the user can select or deselect different settings inside cr2hdr(.app). The program is able to run all processes in a chain so just fill up the folder with various files and after selecting settings in the different menus simply run cr2hdr(.app) and wait for it until it,s done.Source codehttps://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/cr2hdrDownloadcr2hdr.dmgcr2hdr_lj92.dmg
(supports compressed raw!)Main menu
1. Move cr2hdr(.app) to applications folder
2. Double click cr2hdr(.app) and select a folder with dual iso CR2, DNG, dng or MLV files then navigate from the Main menu.
3. For compressing and matched white balanced Adobe dng converter needs to be installed into application folder. cr2hdr(.app) works perfectly fine without ADC but white balance will be slightly off balance due to missing camera calibration information.
4. 3D luts can be added to both ProRes and proxy folders to further tweak the output.
To supress gatekeeper hold ctrl button down(mac OS Sierrra) while opening the application the first time. You can also change permissions from within privacy/security settings.
About working inside the source_code folder
Inside source_code folder there is a Build_dmg_package.command script. When double clicked it will copy and overwrite all .txt files over in source_code folder into the cr2hdr(.app) one level up in source tree. After copying a mac dmg package will be created. Run chmod u=rwx on the script for full privilegies if needed.
If you want to include changes done to cr2hdr_MAIN.txt these have to be copied by opening up cr2hdr(.app) in automator. Automator is installed in your system by default.
Thanks to: a1ex, g3gg0, Dave Coffin, Fabrice Bellard(FFmpeg community) Phil Harvey, Andreas Huggel, dmilligan, bouncyball, baldand, so-rose, Chmee, dfort, deafeyejedi.
Official GPL statement(Magic Lantern)