Wireless field monitor

Started by extremelypoorfilmaker, April 27, 2015, 11:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

extremelypoorfilmaker

Hi guys, has anyone tried to use a wireless field monitor with magic lantern? I am not interested into being able to "use" magic lantern through wireless. All i care is being able just to monitor the frame from a distance without using a cable. and of course, being able to record RAW :)

Ideally, i was wondering if anyone had experience doing that, preferably on a 5D3 with firmware 1.2.3 I am looking to buy the lilliput 665-O-P-WH:

http://www.lilliputuk.com/monitors/hdmi/665-O-P-WH/

but, if i understood well, i could save me some money and use this hack instead, as mentioned in an older post about using the DSLR controller app and a tablet:

http://www.dslrfilmnoob.com/2013/12/11/tp-link-tl-mr3040-wireless-field-monitor-dslr-controller/

In the end all i care is simply to have a device to one end that receives the video feed of my 5D3 where i can check framing, zebras and focus peaking.
I will be using this set up in conjunction with the DJI Ronin.

I hope this post was clear, any help will be much appreciated! (Avoiding me to spend money uselessly) :)

Thanks!

Datadogie

T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.

extremelypoorfilmaker

thanks datadogie!

My last doubt is to see if the dslr controller app would show Zebras and focus peaking from magic lantern, because as i have read around he just interfaces with the canon firmware, not the magic lantern hack. If i could see zebras and focus peaking that way, i would think that is the way to go

DeafEyeJedi

Can someone please get ahold of the developer for DSLRcontroller and make sure they can update it for the iOS 8 or at least for the upcoming iOS 9 in the next few months...

I find it ridiculously rude that some of us paid for this tweak and yet it hasn't been update for quite some time (since iOS 7) and unfortunately I cannot downgrade my iPad Mini back from iOS 8 to iOS 7.

Shame on Apple!!!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

extremelypoorfilmaker

I agree with you deafeyejedi.. Unfortunately, i haven't bought the app yet (i do not have a tablet) have you tried to contact them yet?

DeafEyeJedi

Yes I've tried contacting them on several occasions for the past year or so... So unfathomable!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

extremelypoorfilmaker

That a pity.. Oh well, i guess if nothing comes of it i guess you will have to find an alternative to the DSLR Controller... sorry about that