HDR Workflow for Mac

Started by pistolbeats, April 25, 2015, 10:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pistolbeats

Hey Guys...

Having a hard time finding a workflow for Combining DNG images or Even Tiff image sequences with alternating ISO's for mac.. Neumann Films has a good workflow for PC... but so far no dice for me... and some of the links and things seem to have disappeared completely..

any help??

I've started a project and unfortunately I have a couple of key clips that i am unable to use at the moment...:/

I have Ginger HDR... but can't get it to combine HDR image sequences... and am hard pressed to find a decent tutorial..

any help or clues is appreciated.

Thanks!!

-Pete

DeafEyeJedi

Sure... @Danne's latest app cr2hdr-r works really well for HDR videos (whether it be .MOV, RAW or MLV) and is definitely worth to check it out!

Just be sure to shoot high FPS (48, 50 or 60) for best results otherwise... it won't be so pretty!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

pistolbeats

thanks @DeafEyeJedi.!!

That app worked for converting raw files to dng seq, but how do I actually separate and merge the two sequences together>>?? I've seen a tutorial for AVI synth for PC, but don't know where to find a way for mac...??

does cr2hdr-r work for merging the two??

-pete

DeafEyeJedi

Simply put the HDR footage inside HDR folder within cr2hdr-r parent folder and run app again...
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

pistolbeats

@DeafEyeJedi is the parent folder the unzipped file that it came in?? i don't see a "RAW" folder.. :/ (newb sorry)

Danne

You can download version 6.8b. First post in cr2hdr-r thread.
The start of this video explains what happens and how to use it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isFaVrf-kBs#t=76

WHen it comes to HDR. you can either put in mlv/raw or MOV files in the HDR_RAW_MLV_MOV folder. Extension MOV has to be in capitals.
Files filmed in 48, 50, 60 fps.

pistolbeats

Would anyone be willing to take one of my HDR raw clips and do a demo of this software?

Danne

The first two minutes in the movie link above your question should be enough?
It is now version 7.2. First post of the cr2hdr-r thread.