"Glitchy" picture in Camera Raw

Started by Yakan, April 23, 2015, 10:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yakan

Hello everyone! I've bumped into a very frustrating issue and I'm asking you pro's out here for help! When I've recorded my RAW clip and imported it and everything and want to make adjustments to the images in Camera Raw in Photoshop the image is all "Glitchy" and you can't see anything, like it's damaged.  :( Even though when you watch the clip in my 5D Mark III it all looks fine and there's no problem or glitch in the picture at all!

I'll insert a picture to show you what it looks like and maybe there's someone where who might have bumped into the same problem (hopefully) and fixed it.  :-\

Kharak

Did you try looking at he first converted DNG in your folder?

It happens at times that the first recorded frame is corrupted.

EDIT: I meant, did you try looking at the second DNG in your folder.
once you go raw you never go back

Yakan

Hmm.. Yeah I tried checking the DNG's in the beggining, some in the middle and at the end and everything is corrupted. Do you think it could help if I tried recording with "raw.rec" instead of "mlv.rec", the 1.0 instead of 2.0? Also.. I have the 1.2.3 version installed, is it worth trying the 1.1.3 instead or is that just a waste of time?  :-\

Thanks for helping btw! Would make my year if I got this working, I've been wanting the RAW recording function for so long now..

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

dmilligan

Yakan

I did. But I fixed it by re-installing it and recording with raw 1.0 (and not MLV). (Happy!)

Thanks for the help!  :D

dmilligan

Quote from: Yakan on April 23, 2015, 10:27:51 PM
Even though when you watch the clip in my 5D Mark III it all looks fine and there's no problem or glitch in the picture at all!
According to this, the problem is not with ML or the recording at all, but with the converter you used. So again:
Quote from: dmilligan on April 24, 2015, 12:42:00 PM
what converter did you use?

MLV is a better format (you get audio and metadata), and the way forward, so you should really consider using it over RAW.