HELP!! MLV files are not showing video

Started by DAP, April 21, 2015, 01:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAP

I need some help I have some footage recorded with 5dm3 latest ML build it is showing a thumbnail in mlraw viewer 1.4.3 but when played shows up as a black screen there are other file extensions in the folder with a .m followed by numbers ? is there any way to fix these files? any help is appreciated

dmilligan

I don't think the MLRawViewer 1.4.x series has a stable release, so if you're having issues, consider going back to 1.3.3. There's probably nothing wrong with the files themselves, and the spanned chunks are handled automatically.

DAP

Thanks for the quick reply guys  :D initially I didnt think it was an issue with mlvraw viewer ( I had tried vers 1.3.3 as well as 1.4.x) and  all of the other files shot before and after the files in question are playable in mlvraw viewer  I thought they may be corrupted as I tried to open them in raw2cdng 1.7.4 which I now realize takes some time before the files show up I am noticing footage that is converted in raw2cdng has specular highlights or areas that are slightly blown out are pink? what are the ideal settings for raw2cdng  with 5dm3 footage or have you guys found a better program for PC   ?  Thanks a lot !