Led blink when ML card insert on camera?

Started by nitrosito, March 29, 2015, 08:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitrosito

Hi guys

Sorry for my english, im spanish.

I have a question...

If i insert card without magic lantern on the camera (camera off) , the led dont blick.
But if i insert card with magic lantern , led blink (with camera off).
same behavior on extract SD

Any explication?

nitrosito

nitrosito

happens to everyone?
What is the reason? The camera reads the card even when off, but only if you have the ML ??

DeafEyeJedi

not sure what you're saying but try taking out the battery and reinserting it. if not, then delete ML files on card and redownload latest ML and copy extracted files on to your card then retry.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Walter Schulz

Won't change cam's bootflag, won't change card's boot ability. -> Nope, won't do the trick.

Walter Schulz

a1ex, he wasn't referring to shotdown but LED activity after closing doors without turning power switch.

650D LED blinks after shutting doors. 7D LED won't.

a1ex

It's the same thing.

Another hint: in the bootloader display test, some testers were able to turn on the display without turning on the power switch from the camera.

Which means, Canon bootloader loads ML before you turn on the camera. Then, somewhere in the boot process, Canon firmware realizes the power switch is turned off, and shuts down after 1 second or so. It will wake up again (and reload ML again) when you turn on the power switch, or when you twist the lens, or when you open/close the card door.

Walter Schulz

Thanks for the info. I took part in the bootloader test.
Is there an explanation why 7D doesn't show LED activity? It accesses the card for sure (as proved in bootloader test).

a1ex

On some cameras, Canon programmers forgot to turn on the LED :P

nitrosito

Hey guys! I have no problem with the LED flash with the camera off.

I'm just saying that if normal (think if it is)?

I was curious why this occurred.

So ... Flashing the LED only with the ML because it has the active bootflag?