Pink frame + bad crop

Started by atnugo, March 21, 2015, 02:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atnugo

Anyone had this kind of issue before ? Pink frame coupled with a shifted cropping. Is it recoverable ?

MLV Nightly 2014 sept 27 5D3 1.1.3 - normal mode

Thank you !

DeafEyeJedi

Which FPS did you use in crop-mode?

Any crop mode used in slo-mo's (above 30fps... 48,50,60, etc) will be giving you corrupted pink frames. I've had these happened to me.

Because the FPS is half'ed if recorded higher than 30fps. Give it a quick test and you'll see it for yourself.

I usually just have to remind myself to use 30fps or less (25,24, etc) in order to have a decent crop-mode footage.

So I don't think these footage are recoverable since I wasn't able to do so with mine.

Good thing these were just test footage so it wasn't a priority. [emoji6]

Happy Shooting!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

atnugo

Hey Deaf,

Thanks for the reply. I shot it in 24p in normal mode (not crop mode). I had corrupted footage before but never that one in particular. It's weird because 15% of the frame (the offset part) is not pink, and is actually good to use (well, per say) but the rest is pink.

Don't know what to do with it. It is the only footage from cam B that I have (about 2 minutes long) and now I'm screwed for the edit :/

reddeercity

I have had this before , on the 5D2 and it ended up to be the Write problem to CF card.
Basically couldn't  keep up even thou it was 1000x CF card , it was badly fragmented .
Did a Defrag. in Windows 7 then a low level format(Fat32) In A USB3.0 card reader , That fix the issue for me.
Never had that happen again.
No I don't that's recoverable from my experiences, I'm not a developer so not sure.

Note: After I copy & delete my raw/mlv file off the CF card I make it a habit to Defrag the CF card in USB reader.

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

atnugo

Sadly yes, same result with mlv_dump :(
I can provide a DNG file for whoever wants to try something. It might help others that encounter the same problem. Thanks again.