bad frames with using mlvrec from 2015Mar16.5D3123 build on 5d3

Started by bayard1965, March 18, 2015, 02:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayard1965

Hi,

I have on some tests shots, sometimes a bad frame, like a flash on the upper part of a frame using mlvrec from the last build from march 2015.
I did too test shots with rawrec recording: no problems
So i downgraded to 1.1.3, loaded the last build for 1.1.3 and make new mlv test shots and had same results, sometimes a bad frame.
Then i upgraded to 1.2.3 and used the last 2014 7 August version of the 1.2.3 ML firmware, and did mlv test shots again. No problem

I did a last test. i loaded again the 2015Mar16.5D3123 build but replace the mlvrec module by the one of the 2014 7 August version. Test shots. No problems, no bad frames.

It seems then related to the mlvrec module on the last build, for 1.2.3 and 1.1.3.

Any ideas?
I did too test shots with rawrec recording: no problems

elghorba

I had the same problem with 5d mk3 1.2.3 firmware and latest nightbuild. A lot of bad frames every (about) 2 second.
I'm really upset. I did a lot of test before shooting an I had no trouble at all even with long clips (over 2 minutes).
Today on set and BANG, half a day wasted for these pink frames. On EVERY clip...
Any suggestions for some magical fixing?

MayVortex

Lars Steenhoff

dude

i had like really black frames, every 1-2 seconds and over 1-3 frames

Danne

Maybe you guys could provide information and tests that narrows down the problem. Maybe start by filming with global draw off than on and then try other builds. Lets say five people gets the same results from the same testing with the same builds?