Can Someone Point Me In The Direction To The T5I/700D Tutorial?

Started by YoungPup, March 06, 2015, 01:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungPup

Yea, so the only file I have is the Bench.TMP file, and I'm not sure what to do with it

Walter Schulz

Looks like benchmark didn't terminate properly. No output file, then.
Did you manage to run playback mode? If so: Give highest number for write, please.

YoungPup

I think my camera might have automatically shut off before it was done. I set it to 15 minute automatic shut off now, so I'm running it again.

YoungPup

I also think my problem is that I might not be pressing the play button. I'm pressing the button next to the trash can, which looks like the button on the top right of this image (This is not my camera or image) http://icdn2.digitaltrends.com/image/canon-eos-m-micro-four-thirds-camera-rear-controls-1000x665.jpg?ver=1

Walter Schulz

Sorry to say but it looks like this card is not able to record 720p24 continuously. If you have a decent cardreader connected by a fast interface you may benchmark your card. Don't know which one to use in OS X. I use Windows based Crystaldiskmark most of the time and h2testw to confirm card's label.

YoungPup

Not sure if the pic uploaded, but here is a benchmark (I think...) of the card http://picload.org/view/cwoicpg/diskspeedtest.png.html And do you think I should return the card? The description stated "High-speed, Class 10 performance-leverages UHS-I technology for a read transfer speed up to 600x (90MB/s)
Capture high-quality images and extended lengths of stunning 1080p full-HD, 3D, and 4K video with a DSLR camera, HD camcorder, or 3D camera"

YoungPup

What I've realized, is that once I get to like 34 seconds of recording in RAW, the speed of the SD dramatically drops to mid twenties, which causes it to skip frames, which causes it to stop recording. The SD card said it was up to 90MB/s and another member on here recommended this exact one for the T5i/700D