Remove Text Pop Up For "4GB Limit" or "Movie Has Stopped Recording"

Started by hawnsolo, March 02, 2015, 09:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawnsolo

Hey everyone,

First post here. Been lurking for awhile. I'm an owner of a Canon 6D, and I'm starting to use it as our broadcast/record camera at my church. We have a projector that the HDMI output from my Canon goes out too. I use magic lantern to clean up the signal so there's no overlays, and along with that, I'm recording at the same time. It's working great! Except for when the "MOVIE HAS STOPPED RECORDING" text pops up every 30 minutes (this is not a request to bypass the time cap). I've already searched regarding the time cap. It hasn't been done, nor will it be any time soon. What I am wondering is if the text can be removed, so all you'd see is a jitter when the recording stops, and then 2 seconds, and it starts back up again. I use the auto restart on magic lantern so that's working really well.

It'd be awesome, and I think a lot of people (maybe, I don't know) would use it a lot. I know a lot of guys that want to use their canon's for live streaming and recording, but can't because of that one pop up.

And hey, if it's been talked about already, sorry. I did a search all day today and couldn't find anything.

Thanks ML Forum!

a1ex

The text can be removed (already done), but the jitter... no (not without breaking the 30-minute recording limit).

hawnsolo

May I ask how I can activate that mod? I've been sitting all day at a Starbucks searching; my keywords might have been totally off.

Walter Schulz

Which ML build are you running? I suppose an old one.
Backup your ML directory, delete it and Autoexec.bin from card. Copy extracted latest nightly build content to card. Apply all settings previously used and retry.

hawnsolo

I have two cards right now. One I just updated with the latest build last night but haven't used it yet. The one I've been using is an October 2014 build. So if I do a full magic lantern overlay kill on the new build, the text shouldn't appear as well? I'll give it a whirl!

hawnsolo

I unfortunately still have the same issue with the newest nightly build with the Kill Overlays Always engaged. It still pops up for a second before starting the next recording. Is there a different mod you're talking about that specifically addresses this?

What if there was a setting that made the recording stop at 29:58 instead of 29:59, with movie record enabled. Might that bypass canons internal warning message from popping up?

Thanks for all the help everyone.