64GB Card and Yosemite

Started by Turndog, February 17, 2015, 01:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turndog

Hi all, hoping someone can help me, as I've hit a bit of a sticky patch.

Having tried to add ML to a couple of 64GB cards earlier tonight, and realising I couldn't, I found an old 4GB card and added everything I need to on there.

I hear you can add the initial ML via  smaller card and then add everything to the 64GB ones, but this is where I've hit an issue.

I use a Mac you see, and am on Yosemite. From what I gather, I have to use Macboot to get the necessary files on to my card, but there doesn't seem to be an option for Yosemite. I'm hoping someone can help me, possibly who have gone through a similar issue.

Any thoughts as to what my next step should be? Cheers in advance.

Matthew

Walter Schulz

Please tell cam type, firmware version and ML version.

Turndog

Hi, and sure.

It's a 600D and I made sure I added the CCF11102.FIR firmware first.

As for ML, I downloaded the package that has: 600D-102.fir within it.

Does this help?

walter_schulz

TAB

Hello,

Turndog did you get it to work?

I'm experiencing a similar problem in Yosemite with a 700D.

When I run MacBoot it refuses to recognize that I have an sd card connected. It just returns no suitable cards.

Please help!

Walter Schulz

You don't need MacBoot with 700D. Just format card in cam, copy extracted nightly build contents to card and run firmware update.

TAB

I should have clarified:

I've already got ml installed on the camera. I've been using a nightly build from April. I am traveling right now and don't want to deal with the 114 firmware update so I was planning on using this older nightly build for now. I recently got new 64gb cards and when I went to format them with ml I found that MacBoot would not recognize them. Then I went back and tried to reformat some of my older cards and still, MacBoot will not recognize that they're connected.

If you look at my other posts I made another thread last night which contains the debug results from MacBoot.

Walter Schulz

Works the same with older build.

TAB

Ok, I don't understand exactly why that worked, but it did, so thanks Walter Schulz!

Does this mean I am free from needing to ever use MacBoot again?