Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikfreak

@UWP: read 1st post.

some features need "properties enabled" to work like advanced bracketing, MLV recording, dual iso, dot tune etc...
None of the public alpha builds has them enabled. So some features either don't work or are auto-hidden and you won't be able to see them in ML menu.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

sergey

Good day!
cameras have not yet, so the question :
What is the maximum resolution    in mode
Shoot    -Intervalometer: ____OK       Silent Picture  -- on    ?
70D_111A

UWP

Quote from: nikfreak on February 25, 2015, 11:03:59 AM
@UWP: read 1st post.

some features need "properties enabled" to work like advanced bracketing, MLV recording, dual iso, dot tune etc...
None of the public alpha builds has them enabled. So some features either don't work or are auto-hidden and you won't be able to see them in ML menu.

I read it. And there's absolutely no way to "unhide" them, not even for testing purposes? ;)
Ok, what you wanna say is: it can brick the cam? I'm willing to test it anyway...

Thanx!
EOS 550D | EOS 650D | EOS 70D
Software: MagicLantern & Luminance-HDR & Gimp

JohnnyG_71

Quote from: UWP on February 25, 2015, 05:27:23 PM
I read it. And there's absolutely no way to "unhide" them, not even for testing purposes? ;)
Ok, what you wanna say is: it can brick the cam? I'm willing to test it anyway...

Thanx!

Hi UWP,

It is best to respect the developer's process and plan.  Please do not push and pressure someone who is doing a great and wonderful thing for our community, and for free.  If you posses the skills, everything you need is out there to brick your camera all on your own.  In the meantime, please show gratitude by being patient and respecting nikfreak's methods.

Cheers!
Canon 70D (70D.111B). Canon: EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM. Sigma: 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM C, 105mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM, 30mm f/1.4 DC HSM A, 4.5mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM Circular Fisheye. Samyang 16mm f/2 ED AS UMC CS.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: UWP on February 25, 2015, 05:27:23 PM

Imagine standing outside a mine field and telling the sweepers in it to jump to the next patch.

DeafEyeJedi

Hahaha @Walter Schulz -- best joke of the day!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

UWP

Okok, I got the message, I'll wait...:)

I'm only in a hurry because in 2 weeks I wanted to use bracketing & dual ISO during my holidays. But of course: take your time! I surely know that good software needs time! I can only repeat myself: thank you for this wonderful piece of software!
EOS 550D | EOS 650D | EOS 70D
Software: MagicLantern & Luminance-HDR & Gimp

muc2810

Hello everyone,

first of all thank you for your hard work on this port, special thanks to the dev's. I'm new to DSLR-Video-Shooting. I'm just figuring out what ml can do for me, an that's a lot. Thanks.

now the Problem:

Magic Zoom does not work. I can start it with ZoomIn(+), the window apears dosn't matter what size, it even dosn't matter what position, what magnification and what i use for focus confirm. The bars don't get green when justed, the splitcreen dosn't move.

is there a special thing to make it work ? Or is my brain not working.
Best greetz from munich/germany
Muc2810
70D - FW 1.1.1 Rev. A.

Abe

Quote from: muc2810 on February 28, 2015, 12:01:57 AM
Is there a special thing to make it work ? Or is my brain not working.

Got the same thing here. What I do is as long as I can see the "zoomed" image I'm able to tell if it's in focus or not. Yep we don't have the green bars (at least the two of us) but that's ok truth be told. In my case I use a Tamron lens, did not try with a canon lens to know if I have the green bars or not. (will test soon and will post it)

muc2810

I'm using the Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS STM. It's the Kit-Lens i got with the 70D-Body. I tried in Manual-mode, manual focus.

I see in the box/window if it's focused or not, but no green bars. Using the split-screen i can focus, but the two halfs of the box/window do not "move" to fit each other.
70D - FW 1.1.1 Rev. A.

nikfreak

nikfreak

After some excessive play with bracketing & dual ISO I encountered no problems at all. Which, for dual ISO, is even better than the 650d version, because I had lots of trouble with dual ISO and 650d (Errors and afterwards no dual ISO, had to remove battery for reset etc.). In the 70d I can switch it on (via RAW) and off several times while shooting in between and it didn't show errors at all. Very, very good! Amazing stuff!

Thanx again, I'll go on testing over the weekend!

Anyone else eager to try the build I prepared (see also my last post)? I don't want to make it available to the public before it has been intensively tested. That said I am not really after specific tests - you should just have enough time to test and try out as much as possible..
Bonus: The build includes dot-tune and full-resolution silent pictures as well as mlv recording, too.
Enough for now...

RafQue

Quote from: nikfreak on March 04, 2015, 12:43:35 PM
Anyone else eager to try the build I prepared (see also my last post)? I don't want to make it available to the public before it has been intensively tested. That said I am not really after specific tests - you should just have enough time to test and try out as much as possible..
Bonus: The build includes dot-tune and full-resolution silent pictures as well as mlv recording, too.

Hi Nikfreak!

I would love to help out, but it seems I have the wrong firmware on my 70D... I can't get ML installed.
Aren't there any volunteers who have a working build on their 70D over here?!?!

RafQue
Canon EOS 70D / EOS 550D
Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8 L  + EF 2x II / EFS 17-55 f2.8 / EF 50mm f/2.8 Macro / EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 / Speedlite 430 EX II / Tokina SD 11-16 f/2.8 DX II

Abe

@nikfreak Ill have some days before me to test if you want. I'm not yet used with dual ISO and bracketing but can have a look at those using the documentation.

nikfreak

Ok, enough for now. No PMs regarding test builds plz.

RafQue

Quote from: nikfreak on March 04, 2015, 09:09:57 PM
Ok, enough for now. No PMs regarding test builds plz.

Hehe.. been flooded with enthusiasm Nikfreak?   :D
Canon EOS 70D / EOS 550D
Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8 L  + EF 2x II / EFS 17-55 f2.8 / EF 50mm f/2.8 Macro / EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 / Speedlite 430 EX II / Tokina SD 11-16 f/2.8 DX II

nikfreak

Yes max number of testers I was searching for has been reached.

nikfreak

Just found out that "edmac raw slurping" works on 70D, too. Did any of the previous alpha testers encounter pink frames while raw recording? Remember: I don't use raw related video functions at all on this cam so I can't judge if it's worth putting into next update....

Chele

I have been following this thread since the beginning.  I am truly impressed by those able to help.  Waiting, eagerly and impatiently, to be able to install ML in my 70D.  Thanks!!!!!

kekorr

+1 go! nikfreak thanks for your work

rhenderous

Trying to read through all of the posts. Just a quick question, is Magic Lantern ready to be used for the Canon EOS 70D to make short films with or is it still having problems? I saw the Magic Lantern in action and it makes all of the videos shot look like a movie

Thanks!

Abe

Quote from: rhenderous on March 06, 2015, 08:35:53 PM
Trying to read through all of the posts. Just a quick question, is Magic Lantern ready to be used for the Canon EOS 70D to make short films with or is it still having problems? I saw the Magic Lantern in action and it makes all of the videos shot look like a movie

Thanks!

You can use the current alpha which is quite nice, and the raw_rec module will allow you to shoot some raw clips.
You won't have sound yet, but the video is really cool!
I would not do any professional work out of it at the moment, but some really nice clips can be shot if you know what you're doing.

muc2810

unfortunatly sound is half the movie and you can't do everything with an external sound recorder. even the sound of the camera is poor, you may need it for syncronisation. hope it will be invented soon.

once again: thank you so much for your work on this port
70D - FW 1.1.1 Rev. A.

cluber77

I'm' sorry if this answered or if my question Or if the answer to my question  is rhetorical, is there any way to get 1080p with 60frames video recording in 70d with this ML at a later time?

thanks

grey

Quote from: cluber77 on March 07, 2015, 01:12:21 PM
I'm' sorry if this answered or if my question Or if the answer to my question  is rhetorical, is there any way to get 1080p with 60frames video recording in 70d with this ML at a later time?

thanks

it's impossible. At all.