Problem with 7D not recording Raw

Started by knminhaz, January 07, 2015, 04:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knminhaz

I have a 7D but was always afraid of trying ML out. I finally got the courage to install it. But I've got a problem. I have a 133x card (I know its too slow but I'm plan on upgrading).

The firmware installed fine (latest nightly build). I enable raw video module. I hit the record button. Stop record but the recording doesn't stop. So I just switched the camera off. After I shut down the camera, the led blinks for quite a while (about a minute).
I connect the card to my pc to check the files recorded, the only file I find is a 300mb .tmp file. Thats it!

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.

dmilligan

Raw recording starts to fill up the internal memory of the camera if the card is too slow to keep up. Then when you stop recording, or when recording stops automatically because the internal memory is full, the contents of the internal memory must finish being written out to the card.

Since your card is so slow, the data is still being written out to your card even after you stop recording (that's what the light is still blinking).  You must wait for this process to finish or get a faster card.

P.S. double posting is not appreciated and is against forum rules (it also won't get your question answered any faster).

knminhaz