t2i ML from above

Started by PhotoMajesty, July 17, 2012, 05:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhotoMajesty

Canon t2i ML used in quite a few shots in our reel

bart

Wow that is very smooth camera handling. I could use some of that for my films! Typical for the t2i is the low resolution and muddy look in details. I would switch to another camera for this kind of work if 24mm(15mm on t2i) is wide enough. Since you want a large depth of field a videocamera with small chip and manual control over exposure could deliver better results. Or maybe a Panasonic GH2 with 12mm lens.

added to corporate video

weldroid

Weapon of choice:
600D, EF-S 18-55 ISII Premiere, Luminance HDR, Blender, Luxrender
http://www.vimeo.com/weldroid (http://soundcloud.com/weldroid)

Malcolm Debono

Great shots! Quite a unique perspective  :D Love the grading too.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

PhotoMajesty

Thanks guys! Actually, the ML t2i was used only for the Iveco (Yellow Truck) footage. All the rest are the 5D Mark II and FS100. I'm still a rookie at the editing side of things and this was my first go at grading (thanks for the grading comp)...Magic Bullet rocks.

RC aerial shooting, whether low altitude or high altitude is landscape capture, 20/30 feet and beyond...you definitely won't have that amazing crisp detail compared to shooting a subject in a room just a few feet away. My eyes have become accustomed to this but I'm still always amazed at the difference in quality and detail when I view footage from these same cameras when the subject is just a few feet from lens.

Canon eos m

Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

nikki

great stuff...you don't need detail for cinema...??  just a great a look and shots...
what was your workflow..??