Blue and Red pixel in RAW mode

Started by huuibuu, January 02, 2015, 03:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huuibuu

Hello!
I've recorded a raw video and convert it to dng files, but in the picture are blue and red pixel

If I record the same without raw there are no colored pixel.

I hope you understood my Problem, because my english is not the best.
Thank you! :)

walter_schulz

Some basic informations would be fine.
Type of camera, Canon firmware version, ML version info.
All cameras with Hybrid AF have troubles with ping dots.
Search
Pink Dot Remover

huuibuu

Canon 700D with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6IS STM
Canon Firmware v. 1.1.3
ML version: nightly.2014.oct07.700D113
thank you :)

DigitalVeil

Welcome to the forum.

In the future, when you have an issue, please search the issue first, either on here or on google.  This is already a well-documented issue with established solutions, no need to create another thread about it.

But while I'm here I'll explain it since I also have a 700D and had the same problem.  This pink and blue pixel problem is shared by the 650D, 700D, and EOS M.  I believe the problem may have been fixed with the 650D or EOS M (or both) due to some changes to the source code, but unfortunately it still hasn't been fixed for the 700D and until a dev updates the build, there's no way to avoid it.  However, the dots can still be removed.  Walter suggested "Pink Dot Remover" but the only problem is, Pink Dot Remover doesn't support the 700D.  Here's what I do: Download raw2cdng (http://www.phreekz.de/wordpress/2014/04/magiclantern-raw2cdng-1-5-0/) and drag your mlv/raw files into it (assuming you still have them), ensure "chroma smoothing 2x2" is selected, and then convert.  The converted DNG files will have no more pink or blue pixels.  If you've already converted to DNG and deleted your mlv/raw files, you're probably SOL.

Unfortunately raw2cdng is finnicky with Windows 8, and the only version that worked for me was 1.6.3 (oddly enough, the only one that's labeled 'buggy') and even that one doesn't always cooperate.  Only the latest few versions support chroma smoothing, so hopefully one of them works for you.
Glass: EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF-S 55-250mm IS STM, EF-S 18-55mm IS STM

huuibuu

DigitalVeil

Glass: EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF-S 55-250mm IS STM, EF-S 18-55mm IS STM

[email protected]

hi so today i recorded some footage and the pink dots also appeared for me is there a way to get rid of them via Mac ?