Green artifacts in RAW 3x crop mode

Started by vidwerk, December 16, 2014, 03:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vidwerk

Hello. I am new to this forum and I have searched heavily regarding my issue to no avail.
So I am wondering if anyone here can answer as to why this is happening. See video below.
I am shooting RAW(nightly build Oct 8 2014) in 3x crop with my 5D mkii on firmware 2.1.2
Everything looks great in my tests except in the yellow highlights(not blown out) in the crosswalk sign appear with random pattern green clustered pixel artifacts.
Anyone else getting this? Or can anyone explain why this is happening. I've opened the DNG files in AE, photoshop and davinci resolve but the artifacting is permanently on my footage.
Many thanks.
Simon.

dmilligan

What program did you use to convert to DNG? Did you have any options or corrections selected like "chroma smoothing" or "vertical banding"? Have you tried using a different converter?

gcrook

Had the same exact issue last time i tried with my 550d.These green dots appeared in highlight areas and were recorded in the files too.I used mlv converter.
Haven't tried mlv raw video in a long time but now that i think about it maybe it was the zebras or some setting in my camera (global draw was on not sure about other stuff)

vidwerk

Thanks for your replies. Sorry for my late response back.
I am using Magic Lantern Raw video converter 1.9.1
Originally I had left the settings at their defaults since I didn't know what I was doing.
I tried again and this time set chroma smoothing from 2x2(the default) to none and it worked just fine with no green artifacts.
Thanks again.

Simon.