DNG Sequencing Issues in AE

Started by drumbumd, December 11, 2014, 06:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drumbumd

I'm very new to ML, RAW recording and the forum obviously so I apologize in advance for any stupid questions or if this has already been addressed elsewhere in the forum.

I've been trying to post process some ML HDR footage from my 6D via the Avisynth/Virtual Dub workflow. I noticed that when I process with Virtual Dub, my frames are not properly organized and I get completely arbitrary sorting in my frames folder. The group A files have a mix of the underexposed and overexposed frames and so do the group B files. So obviously it isn't compositing them correctly in group C and the resulting sequence is a mess and unusable.

I'm creating my .mov file from a DNG sequence in AE CC 14 which I think is where my problem begins. When I import the DNG sequence into AE the frames seem to be arbitrarily rearranged and do not play out in the correct sequence which they should be imported in. The files are labeled 001-500  and there are not any missing frames to mess up the order. Everything is in the correct order before importing to AE and alternates between the two exposures with each consecutive frame.

I've tried a number of different things to get the sequence in order within AE but I cannot see what I'm doing wrong here for the life of me. Since my HDR sequences are being imported out of order I'm sure all of the other DNG sequences have ordering issues too which is disconcerting to me. I'm running Windows 7 pro sp 1 and again, AE CC 14. Any help for a newb would be greatly appreciated  :D