600D Raw Video - Latest possibilities?

Started by Froschling, December 05, 2014, 08:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Froschling

Hello everyone!

As I'm goin to buy me a Canon EOS 600D within the next few weeks, I wanted to ask what the
latest Raw Video Specs are possible for that DSLR.

I didn't find too much helpful information so I wanted to ask directly in the forums.

I think it would be helpful for others too to have a short summary of whats possible right now.
I do know that the maximum write speed of the cam is 21MB/s, so the resolution cant be really high.
the questions here should be answered with the possibilities of Magic Lantern in combination with
other modules like tragic lantern.
For all the following questions expect a fast enough SD Card to be used.

So my Questions are:
-Whats the highest possible resolution that should be used when planning to upscale the files to 1080p if i want 16:9?
-Whats the highest possible resolution that should be used when planning to upscale the files to 1080p if i want 2.35:1?
-Is there audio in Raw format possible for the EOS 600D?
-Whats the approximatly longest length of recording using the options from the first 2 questions?
-What modules do I have to install to get the best results?
-Below this video the author says that he recorded in 480p and there was no sound possible, is this outdated? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGiqdcelpDU

Thanks for any help,
Froschling

Walter Schulz

Froschling

Ty for the answer, but my problem was I didn't know how to interpret this file there.
So if I record at 960x540 the only time limit is the built in 29:59 minute limit?

And what about the audio recording using Raw video? Somewhere i heard it is possible now,
but I cant find it anywhere here in the forums. Is it only possible for anyother DSLR?

Walter Schulz

Froschling

What are the main differences between RAW and MLV?
I guess some of the video quality is lost as the audio stream is also saved?