Help Please !! New To ML

Started by hadi285, December 04, 2014, 01:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hadi285

Hi Guys

I am new to ML, I installed it on My 5d Mark III, everything looks fine, but I have some concerns:
1/ when I recording video the camera suddenly stops recording with 10 seconds and it says frame skipping ? whats wrong ?
2/ how do I export raw files to final cut or adobe premier ?

I need your help please 

walter_schulz

1: For the very detailed information you gave I have a very detailed answer: Maybe card speed. Maybe wrong settings. Maybe both.
Please provide valid information about your settings, run benchmark test (Debug tab -> Benchmarks -> Card R/W benchmark (5 min)).
2: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=14.0

MonteNero

Hi! Always check if u write data to the correct card. When I reboot my 5d sometimes it starts to write to the smaller card not the CF 1000x one. Set the the primary card to the CF and if it is a fast, you good to go!

hadi285

thanks all guys

when I tried to do a benchmark, the camera starts to benchmarking after around 20 seconds the camera shuts off !!

I am using Transcend 1000X , is there any issue with it ? 

walter_schulz

You have to turn off power saving mode!

hadi285

this is what I got after the benchmarking

//Holy image resolution batman.  The pixels, I can see each pixel.  Audionut.

hadi285

any one could help please
should I change the CF card ?

Walter Schulz

Deactivate all modules, set Global Draw OFF. Restart cam.
After starting benchmark press PLAY. You have to be fast to enter "playback" mode.
Post results.

EDIT: Just did a little web search for this card. Transcend prints something like "160 MByte/s read - 70 MByte/s write".
70 MByte/s is good for quite low resolutions/frame rates only. Read
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12630.0

puma69

Hi had8285 .where are you from.(Lebanon)??

TeddyPace

I'm also a new user, I still can't shooting good photos :'(

walter_schulz

This is a forum dedicated to users underwhelmed by the features offered by their cams and developers able to do something about it.
If you are not able to master your cam and/or unable to get the photos you want to get because lack of own experience/skills you're in the wrong area.

We were all where you are right now but please look for a forum and users/local photogs more suitable to your needs.