New picture profile with selective colors "SinCity"

Started by cosmo.lv, July 16, 2012, 01:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmo.lv

Hi everyone! My name is Guntis and i'm happy to anaounce new picture profile for canon DSLR's.
Worked on it more than week and I call it "SinCity"

Promo video shoot on canon 5D Mark II with Magic Lantern and my new picture profile "SinCity"
You can download it - Here: failiem.lv/down.php?i=yoxcpil&n=SinSity.zip

https://player.vimeo.com/video/45804172

There is 2 folders in each folder are 2 profiles:
* Flat_Cinema -> SinCity_RED-FLAT.pf2 & SinCity_RedY-FLAT.pf2
* HighContrast -> SinCity_Red-Y.pf2 & SinCity_RED.pf2

Hope you like it & creative using! :)
*** Before shooting with this picture style - you need adjust White balance to get a great results!

P.S. Any critics wellcome! :)
5D Mark II

Chungdha

Not sure, but isnt this quite easy to do in post and also in post can get more different range of isolated colors.

cosmo.lv

Quote from: Chungdha on July 24, 2012, 06:12:52 PM
Not sure, but isnt this quite easy to do in post and also in post can get more different range of isolated colors.

If you have RAW video - then yes, but from DSLR (it is not so easy) and second, you will be in big trouble on half color tones and shadows in post.
Footage from DSLR's are flat, compressed video - this mean that in post you will need to do lot af hard work, like "create masks, layers and you will be in big trouble with human skin - it has Red, Yellow and pink color tones + 100 and 1 step to create look like my example. :)

P.S. Before shooting with this picture style - you need ajust White balance to get a great results!

i have also profile for green screen shooting - it take out all shadows on green and make it perfect green - "for post production this is most wanted feature"
i give to this profile some final touch and also make a release. ;)
5D Mark II

ilguercio

Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

Malcolm Debono

Cool promo video  :) It's quite a nice picture style for casual shooting
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

Michael Zöller

Great idea. One could also use this for preview and let ML switch to a different picture profile when recording.

cosmo, does this mean using this picture style "frees" up space for the highlights/blacks?
neoluxx.de
EOS 5D Mark II | EOS 600D | EF 24-70mm f/2.8 | Tascam DR-40

francescosbg

Maybe a stupid question, but how can I use it --) ( installation guide please or folder direction eg.) Thanks and it looks amazing !

cosmo.lv

Quote from: francescosbg on July 31, 2012, 01:20:18 PM
Maybe a stupid question, but how can I use it --) ( installation guide please or folder direction eg.) Thanks and it looks amazing !

:)

* (Preparation step) Ensure that latest EOS Utility is installed. :)

1. Download a picture style 
2. Connect the EOS DIGITAL camera to the personal computer via a USB cable, and start up EOS Utility.
    Click "Camera settings/Remote shooting" on the main window.

3. Once the capture window opens, click the camera icon, and then click "Register User Defined style".

*A different screen is displayed when connecting with other than
EOS-1Ds Mark III / EOS-1D Mark III / EOS 50D
/ EOS 40D / EOS 500D / EOS REBEL T1i / EOS 450D
/ EOS REBEL XSi / EOS 1000D / EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
/ EOS REBEL XS.

4. Click "Register User Defined style".

5.    Select one of "User Def. 1~3" in "Register Picture Style File".

*    If a Picture Style file has already been registered under the same setting number, the existing setting will be overwritten.

6. Click

7. Select a Picture Style file (extension .pf2)
5D Mark II

Chungdha

Thanks for clearing it up! Any possibility of more isolated colors picture style for like blue? Especially be cool if for instance filming certain companies isolated the company colors.

cosmo.lv

Quote from: Chungdha on August 02, 2012, 05:20:12 AM
Thanks for clearing it up! Any possibility of more isolated colors picture style for like blue? Especially be cool if for instance filming certain companies isolated the company colors.

I put this on wishlist ;)
5D Mark II

Chungdha

Hey Cosmo since you are the expert picture style maker here , I have another request if that is not a problem, as for ISO25 setting there are a problem with it as it will give a pinkish cast if you use it. Would you think you be able to make a picture style that would clean it. That be a big help for the community so people would be able to use that low iso with less of a problem and dont need to color correct afterwards. Try out the iso25 and see if you could do it. Thanks in advance m8  :)

cosmo.lv

Quote from: Chungdha on August 03, 2012, 11:27:41 PM
Hey Cosmo since you are the expert picture style maker here , I have another request if that is not a problem, as for ISO25 setting there are a problem with it as it will give a pinkish cast if you use it. Would you think you be able to make a picture style that would clean it. That be a big help for the community so people would be able to use that low iso with less of a problem and dont need to color correct afterwards. Try out the iso25 and see if you could do it. Thanks in advance m8  :)

I will check it out. :)
For quick answer i can say that this is possible ;)
Just returned from vacation from Mallorca - rested and tested out my new picture profile "ARRI" worked on it for almost a month, so i give to it final touch and get to Wishlists in upcoming days :) ;)
5D Mark II

Malcolm Debono

Quote from: cosmo.lv on August 15, 2012, 04:02:02 PM
Just returned from vacation from Mallorca - rested and tested out my new picture profile "ARRI" worked on it for almost a month, so i give to it final touch and get to Wishlists in upcoming days :) ;)

Sounds interesting! Hope you enjoyed your vacation  :)
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

hd1roam

ML ver. 2.3: mostly still photos, HDR, pano, and some video. Targets of choice; Art, landscape, wildlife, collector vehicles, events. Equipment; EOS 550D/T2i | EF 100-400mm L USM - EF-S 18-55mm f4-5.6 IS - EF-S 55-250mm IS - Win7Ult., Lightroom, Photomatix, Topaz Labs, Hugin, GIMP, Smugmug

Jordy Vandeput

Wauw, I didn't knew you could do that much with a picture style. Very nice! :-)
DSLR evangelist and Tuts+ instructor

LvP

Really great. How can i do my own styles ?

Quote from: cosmo.lv on July 31, 2012, 07:27:11 AM
I have also profile for green screen shooting
Very interesting. May i download this profile ? (Link ?)

ax

Hi Cosmo!

Thanks for your very cool Styles!  :-*

Any Bleu one, ARRI and GreenScreen ones ?

We're impatient to see your creations!   ;)

Smartie

Does anyone know how and if it is possible to create a picture style that converts the images to a negative?  I am using my camera to make digital copies of a 35mm negative and want the camera to automatically convert the image to a positive. 

phunkyboy

Quote from: Smartie on February 25, 2013, 07:49:24 PM
Does anyone know how and if it is possible to create a picture style that converts the images to a negative?  I am using my camera to make digital copies of a 35mm negative and want the camera to automatically convert the image to a positive.

Magic lantern ---  image effects under the movie menu has a setting ,im sure of that.

Gippi

Hi Cosmo,
Thanks again for the beautiful picture style. I wanted to ask if you created a new picture style with the color blue.
Please I love it blue colors ;-)
Bye

ax

Here is my fisrt try to SinCity BLUE : http://6ozv7a.1fichier.com/  :o

More experimentations to come.  :D

Gippi

Hi, I have tested your picture style with name:  P-Snapshot  and the blue color is not be isolated ..... the color range is complete :-(

ax

Quote from: Gippi on March 07, 2013, 10:46:10 PM
Hi, I have tested your picture style with name:  P-Snapshot  and the blue color is not be isolated ..... the color range is complete :-(

I have made a bunch of selective filter

Only Blue , Only green, Only Blue & Green , Only Blue green & Yellow and finnaly Only RGB.

It's here     http://i3eyh6.1fichier.com/

Enjoy.

halbmoki

Thank you very  much, ax.
I've been waiting a long time for this, but never got the hang of making my own picture styles. A little color shift or altered contrast is not that hard, but something extreme like this is beyond my skills.