**HELP!!!**ISSUE WITH CAMERA RAW CONVERTING DNG's W/ RED HAZY LOOKING FILTER?!?!

Started by jordankstoner, November 29, 2014, 03:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jordankstoner

To whomever is willing to help me figure this out,

Let me see if I can figure out how to explain this properly and in the least amount of words... I have been using magic lantern for a while now for my wedding videography and just recently ran into a serious problem with my usual workflow within after effects. I use AE to convert my DNG's to H.264 files before importing them in FCPX. Camera Raw allows me to color grade/correct and pretty much everything else I need to do to the footage by just simply applying changes to to the first frame of every clip... which then it applies those changes to all of the frames (or DNG's) within each clip. So here's my problem; when the camera raw window appears containing the first frame of some (not all) clips, it has what looks like a red hazy filter over the image. I thought maybe it was a glitch but when I renderred, the video file turned out like that as well. The strange thing is when I go into the clip folder, the DNG's don't have this "red hazy filter" on the thumbnails so I know I shot it right.

I uploaded an example of it to youtube for reference http://youtu.be/ITnB3cAo75A.

Like I said, it's only happening to some and not all of my clips. But I figured out that it only happened to the clips that were shot by one of my 5DIII's. So I'm guessing it has something to do with the settings that that particular camera was set to? Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

V/R
Jordan K. Stoner
www.jksfilm.com
video/photo/sound/artist
[email protected]
904-468-0777

jordankstoner

Thank you very much!!! What an awesome community of filmmakers there are here.

Sorry, I looked through the FAQs and related topics but I couldn't find that forum. Much appreciated!