Sorry if this is a repost - Recording Length Time for 700/7D

Started by TobiasMills, November 28, 2014, 12:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TobiasMills

Hey guys, sorry about this and if it's been asked before, I'm pretty new to this - but here goes:
Last night I was asked to film a workshop for a customer. I set up the 700D and the 7D on tripods (not breaking the 180 rule), hooked up the mic's and left them to it while carrying my Legria around on a shoulder mounted rig. After about an hour, during the tea break I decided to check the battery levels and found a message saying that "recording was automatically stopped" and I thought it may have been a battery issue, so I attached the battery grips, set everything back up and hit record again. Same thing happened when I went to check on them at the end of the workshop. I got back to my pc and found that each piece of footage was only half an hour long (strange seeing as how the 700 has a 64GB SD and the 7D has a 64GB CF). Looking into this, I found that it is due to import duties. Do you know if magic lantern has a way around the half-an-hour limit. Obviously I don't mind paying for the product as last night's workshop was an £800 job.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Peace.