Hello, AE DNG sequence export looks like strange frame rate

Started by dofdm, November 10, 2014, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dofdm

I've experienced this problem every time I shoot RAW...
I've been exporting the RAW footage from Adobe After Effects as an image sequence...
I shot at 23.98, AE DNG sequence is 23.976 and every time, no matter what I try, the footage comes out with fast motion, with fast motion like a Charlie Chaplin movie.
Has anybody else had this problem, and if so how does one resolve it?

(don't mind interpret setting, it's also 23.976)

dmilligan

Did you have allow skipped frames enabled in ML? Did you notice any warnings about skipped frames during recording? What camera, ML build (EXACT DATE PLEASE!), raw converter software? Look through the converted DNGs, do there appear to be some missing? Does there appear to be the correct total number of DNGs (~24 * length of recording)?

dofdm

Thanks for reply!
I didn't use skipping frames. and i didn't notice any sign during recording.
a camera is Mark3 and ML build date is 2014 july 16, also I use MLV Converter v1.9.2... and I don't think these is no missing DNG. 
and I think it is the correct number of DNGs (time is 16:06 and the number of DNGs is total 390)

Kharak

Are you sure that you are interpreting the footage correctly in AE ? at 23.976

Did you use FPS Override?

If there are no missing frames then it must be a wrong setting somewhere. Sounds awfully much like a wrong interpretation of the DNG sequence.

Do you have MLRawViewer? If you view the RAW file in there, does it look normal?

once you go raw you never go back

dmilligan

Quote from: dofdm on November 10, 2014, 02:30:37 PM
(time is 16:06 and the number of DNGs is total 390)
It kind of sounds like you just got that 16:06 figure from AE (because it's so precise), in which case, of course it's going to match the number of DNGs. What I'm asking is how long the clip was supposed to be in reality (like if you were to time it with a stopwatch)? And does the real, actual time of the clip match the number of DNGs? Perhaps record a video of a stopwatch.