T3i (600D) - Clock gone from display & BBFocus tripped shutter.

Started by PajamaGuy, November 03, 2014, 07:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PajamaGuy

The current time used to show at the bottom of the current setup screen, then it disappeared.   I searched, but couldn't find an answer that I could understand, so I downloaded the most recent nightly build.  (Until then, I'd installed only the base build, and had not reinstalled it)

Last weekend while I was shooting a football game, the shutter started tripping when I pressed the BBFocus.  It acted just like the real shutter button, shooting continuous until I released it.  I restarted the camera and it has not happened again (yet).

I'm not too concerned with the BBF triggering (being a nightly build, only happening once, and a reboot stopped it,  but I would like the clock back...?

PJ

dmilligan

The clock is part of "flexinfo" which is a bit of code that has been disabled on some cameras to save space, because the size of the ML binary is very limited on a few cameras like the 600D and 1100D. Really, flexinfo needs some heavy cleanup and refactoring and to be moved to a module (there's much more space available for loading modules, since it doesn't have to be done from the bootloader context)

PajamaGuy

Thank-you very much for answering!   :D

(I really miss the clock though...)

After several thousand more shutter actions, I'm glad to say that the errant shutter via BBF has not recurred.

PJ