Canon 7D Mark II

Started by Pelican, November 02, 2014, 09:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a1ex

Quote from: Pelican on August 24, 2016, 02:37:58 PM
Haven't you used the dumper which dumps the 0xffff000-ffffffff area? That is only 64 kB.

The DIGIC 6 cameras don't boot using HIVECS, instead they start at *(uint32_t*)0xFC000000 (which is FC000008 on EOS and a non-round value on M3/M10).

Bootloader on EOS DIGIC 6 cameras is from FC000000 to FC0A0000. On 7D2, there is a bootloader on each CPU, at the same address (each CPU has its own memory), but I only know how to access one of them. Trying to blink the LED from the other CPU did not work.

ddelreal

Too early to put a sticky on this thread?

JagoUK

Oh yes, far too early.
I sent A1ex a copy of what I could get earlier, hopefully it had something useful in it.
I will keep trying to flash the whole code out but I cannot seem to disable AGC.
The program to convert is supposed to allow you to use multiple dumps to create a complete dump but it doesn't seem to be working. (Or you have to manually dump the right parts, instructions are not clear)

ddelreal

JagoUK

Quote from: ddelreal on August 24, 2016, 11:16:12 PM
Are you on a Mac?

Quote from: JagoUK on August 24, 2016, 01:21:56 AM
I was referring to the Mic input on Laptop.
Problem is it does it in Windows and Linux.

I have managed to get a 217K dump so far

Nope just a normal PC laptop.

Not got anything else to record it onto (Phone didn't like it either)

I'm thinking the diodes are sophisticated enough to have their own gain.

mindfull

Regarding the EOS 7D Mark II digital SLR camera, we are planning to release Firmware Version 1.1.0 for download from the Web in order to enhance the functions.

this should help I hope.  8)

ddelreal

I think they're trying to get a dumper on the current version. The dual Digic6 on the 7D2 seems to be especially difficult.

JagoUK

Quote from: ddelreal on September 08, 2016, 05:04:43 AM
Don't know if this helps but the new firmware is available:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/dslr/eos-7d-mark-ii/eos-7d-mark-ii#drivers_downloads_tab

Cheers for that, thought we were going to have to wait a little while longer for it.
I would advise against upgrading as I believe recent FW has disabled the ability to downgrade FW and currently only v1.0.4 is being worked on. (1.0.5 has the ability to roll back to 1.0.4)

nikfreak

could make sense to upgrade if one owns the W-E1 adapter agreeing also to dismantle it and solder some wires onto it as well as modify the sdcard door for the wires to hang out while the card is inserted. I am interested in the serial output. Guess it's some kind of PTPoIP but also think that Canon uses some init sequence to identify it's own card prior allowing the communication / wifi to become active.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

Walter Schulz

Please try: Is EOS Utility 2.x able to communicate with the cam and firmware update menu available?

ddelreal

Quote from: JagoUKCheers for that, thought we were going to have to wait a little while longer for it.
I would advise against upgrading as I believe recent FW has disabled the ability to downgrade FW and currently only v1.0.4 is being worked on. (1.0.5 has the ability to roll back to 1.0.4)

Good info, thanks for that. My cameras came with 1.0.5 already installed, I can't find 1.0.4 anywhere on Canon's site. Can somebody point me in the right direction to get that just in case?

a1ex

I don't mind the upgrade to the latest version; only JagoUK should stay on 1.0.4 for the first boot flag test (otherwise he'll have to blink the bootloader again).

The tools from this thread (blinker, soundcard-based dumper, and non-working SD card dumper) are portable (they should work on any firmware version). Do they work on the latest?

thehook

1.0.4 (win) firmware package:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjvh6z4kplrwi2u/eos7d2-v104-win.zip

Walter Schulz

Pelican's repository should do well: http://pel.hu/eoscard
And "win" does not mean that much but win-win: Unzip and use it. OS X/Windows/Linux ...

ddelreal

branlday

Thanks devs and testers for all of your hard work.

scuba_fly

Hi guys,

I'm a (web)Developer and 7D2 owner.
Is there a step trough guide to help me set up for testing?

mmellway

The person who finally gets this working will be my greatest hero. Please keep up the great work! I know this is hard but its so worth it!! I LOVE ML. Just think of the raw video capabilities of the 7D Mark ii. Its gonna be amazing! Maybe even 4k too!!

KevZzz

I just made an account for the forum to say thanks to all the developers who are currently working on a 7DII ML built!
Used Magic Lantern since I got my t2i 3 years ago and hope that it will be available for the 7DII as well in the future.
Until then, don't give up developers, you'll make it!
Good luck from Germany :)

ddelreal

Quote from: mmellwayThe person who finally gets this working will be my greatest hero. Please keep up the great work! I know this is hard but its so worth it!! I LOVE ML. Just think of the raw video capabilities of the 7D Mark ii. Its gonna be amazing! Maybe even 4k too!!

Couldn't agree more.

yusaku974

Hi everyone !

I stopped by and couldn't believe: this is happening! You, Great developpers out there are going to make the best ML support ever for a canon DSLR. For that thanks a lot !
I know it won't be that simple, but I give you a lot of support from France.
Keep the good work guys !
:) :D

hindra

Hello everyone! I'm curious if anyone believes it's possible to write a dual pixel moduke for the dual pixel sensors, not for the focus shift but is it possible to apply ISO gain to half of the information from the pixel and get a dual iso without resolution loss. I'm curious, what other possibilities does magic lantern have if each pixel can record two different values?
SL1 100D.100A - 5D - 7D2 - 5D3 1.2.3

hindra

Ohh Walter you got me good  :P

Do you not have faith in these guys? They were unable to unlock raw video recording, you don't think they could unlock the dual pixel?
SL1 100D.100A - 5D - 7D2 - 5D3 1.2.3