Trouble installing software on 600d

Started by Connor__, October 30, 2014, 09:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Connor__

Hey Guys, i feel as if i have installed everything appropriately but nothing seems to work. When i go to the update firmware option, it doesnt give me an option.

The steps im doing are as so;
1.Checking my firmware (Up to date)
2.Low Formating SD Card In Camera.
3.Inserting my SD Card into my laptop.
4.Extract winrar files to SD.
5.Take SD Card out, put into camera, go across to firmware, no option to update!!!

What am i doing wrong?!

Walter Schulz

The 600D nightly build doesn't contain the FIR file. Therefore: No avail. I hope the devs will have time to fix this one.

Datadogie

Download the 2.3 by following the download link at the top of this page. Once you have it working then over write the latest nightly "autoexec.bin and the ml folder" and all should be good and up to date.
T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.

Connor__

Hi thanks for your reply! Could you please explain what you said like im 5 so i could understand it a bit better haha.

Datadogie

Here's link for  2.3

http://bitbucket.org/magiclantern/magic-lantern/downloads/magiclantern-v2.3.550D.60D.600D.50D.500D.5D2.zip

Unzip this onto a formated card. Don't worry about the other firs canon will only use the one it needs. Now update the firmware in camera. Now download copy and paste the nightly" autoexec.bin and ml folder" over the original files folder. That's it enjoy.
T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.