600d - Not turning on?!

Started by sleepycocoa, October 28, 2014, 10:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleepycocoa

I've had my 600d for just over a year. And the warranty just ran out, so if I can't fix my lovely, I won't be too happy.

I have no idea why it won't turn on. Yesterday and any time before that, it was working perfectly fine. Yesterday I turned it on to check it before going out for a shoot - perfectly fine. Only I forgot to turn it off... (I was not having a good day). So I assumed the battery had died.
Well clearly not. I've charged up 2 batteries fully and it won't turn on. I've tried blowing it in case there was dust, with and without the sd card... it just won't turn on at all.

I'm completely confused to why it won't turn on. Nothings happened to it. It's just stopped living... any suggestions? I don't really want to go out and buy a new one.

nikfreak

any led lights blinking or completely nothing working? Can you check battery and sdcard doors plz. They might be loose. try pressing on them and retry to turn your cam on. It might be worth to leave a full charged batetry for some hour sin your cam. Last option would be to check if this model has a CR2XXX battery and replace that.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

sleepycocoa

Completely nothing working. The battery door is quite loose but it's been that way for a long time. I've pressed down on it but nothing worked.  I'll try leaving the battery in the camera for a few hours. It's not got a CR2.

andy kh

try turning on your camera without memory card. mine worked that way few days back.
5D Mark III - 70D

sleepycocoa

russellsnr

Hi, Ok do you have a battery grip attached if yes make sure it has not come loose also if yes take the grip off and try one battery if that fails and you have to take it for repair remember to take out the card with ML on.

mranch

Hi, I have a battery grip on my 600d and all of the sudden one day it would not turn on. I removed the grip, re-installed the grip and it turned on but ML had an error message on the LCD screen saying the camera was not shut down properly. I've found that if I'm in live view mode and turn the camera off by the switch it won't turn back on. But if I toggle off of live view mode and turn the camera off, everything is ok.