Portrait: Torsten Stoll - Wohin die Wellen tragen (german)

Started by heavygrafix, October 28, 2014, 09:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heavygrafix

Hi ML-Community,

i´am plessed to show you our latest work.
The german actor Torsten Stoll talks about life´s progress, acting and waves.
hope you´ll enjoy it.

5D MkIII RAW Only
Grading in AE
5D Mark III, SP 24-70 2.8 Di VC, KB 1000x 64Gb, KB 1050x 128GB

heavygrafix

i reuploaded the video in better quality. also 1080p now

Awardeo nominated this Video for the video of the week. If you like it, you can vote here, i´d be happy:

http://www.awardeo.tv/video/102102112/5450a114521e692f6749cb8c

jrcreative

I really like the look you have for the interview. Can you go into more about how you achieved it? I'm specifically interested in the interview at 7:09.

Thanks,
J

heavygrafix

I shot the Interview using ETTR for Exposure, lighting was available light + reflektor (and the mirror offered nice illumination). i used the LOG Camera Profil in Adobe Camera RAW, then pulled down highlights, whits and the exposure, i also increased the color-dynamic, while pulling down the saturation. After ACR i used the Kodac LOG2HD Color Look Up Table to get back nice natural contrast and color. The Grading methods i use: push the white balance to a warmer color, while lowering (only with curves) the reds midtones, pushing the blues midtones and adjusting the blackpoint to something like 10% blue. with the green curves u can add some look, adding contrast to it. After all i added filmgrain.

in some shots i use neatvideo to either denoise or sharpen (or both) the image (both tools are very great). but in this Shot i simply use an unsharp-mask

hope, i could help you.