ML installed RECORDING STOPED

Started by Mannyx, October 22, 2014, 08:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mannyx

thank you ML team... i finished installing your nice software in my 5DM2 and i followed all the settings yo gave  in the forum.. i tried shooting video in raw after 5-6 seconds the recording stopped  please help me... i tried for several times still my video always stopped.

Walter Schulz

Debug tab -> Benchmarks -> Card R/W benchmark (5 min)
Compare fastest write speed with the numbers required for the settings you used and card's specification.
A file BENCH0.PPM will be found on card's root containing a screen snapshot if benchmark terminated without error.

BTW: "I followed all the settings" is ringing the alarm bell. You haven't by any chance loaded and activated RAW_REC and MLV_REC together?

Mannyx

thanks Walter... the reading is 19.7 MB/s
You haven't by any chance loaded and activated RAW_REC and MLV_REC together? where can i check this.. sorry I'm not good in computer need guidance..

Walter Schulz

The interesting part in this benchmark is write performance. The highest numbers are?

Mannyx

You haven't by any chance loaded and activated RAW_REC and MLV_REC together?
in the MODULES TAB....
file_man ON
mlv_play ON
mlv_rec ON
mlv_snd ON
pic_view ON
raw_rec ON

is this what you mean Sir Walter?

Mannyx

The interesting part in this benchmark is write performance. The highest numbers are? how long should i wait for the bench marking sir? is it automatic will stop after the bench marking?

Walter Schulz

Begin to read here for RAW/MLV specifics
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5520.0

Using all modules at once is a bit like pressing all levers on a car at once. May be useful in the hand of an experienced driver but not for a beginner.
For instance: RAW and MLV are exclusive.

You better turn off power saving for this benchmark.

And please don't sir me!
And there is a "quote" button ...