DNG files to davinci Resovle lite problems

Started by dray, October 21, 2014, 04:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dray

Hey could anyone help me with a problem I'm having with magic lantern. As you will be able to see from this youtube video http://youtu.be/hyJDf-5k--0  when I process my dng files to davinci resolve I seem to get a strange flashing color image. Could someone please help with this issue?

dmilligan

You're going to have to be more specific. What camera, ML version, settings used, raw converter, etc? Also it would be good to post a sample DNG or even the original file (.raw or .mlv).

dray

Hi dmilligan,

the camera i used was a  canon 5d mark iii, firmware 113, ML version was a nightly build 2.The modules i used were ( file_man  pic_view  raw_rec)  I converted on raw magic lite version 1.1.3.

my settings were; ISO 1600, custom white balance, Raw video 1728x972, 23.976 fps,

I was trying to upload a dng file. But I was looking through the dng files and each frame looked perfectly fine, there was no problems with the image. However, as soon as I load the file on to Davinci Resolve images flash different colors as you can see in this video  http://youtu.be/hyJDf-5k--0  . I don't understand

Mannyx

after i installed the DaVinci Resolve ... a message prompt ... DaVinci Resolve has not found the CUDA driver ... its asking to install the cud driver for my GPU. please explain to me what is this so sorry I'm new here. thanks

Mannyx

Mannyx

thank you very much for your time sir Walter.

dmilligan

@dray,

RawMagic is closed source and violated the GPL so it is not supported here. You can try any of the free* converters available here (sticky threads). It sounds like perhaps an issue with the white or black level. Were you looking at the preview of the DNGs in the Mac Finder? It ignores the white and black level in the file and just assumes one based on the camera model. So if they were wrong in the file, you'd still see the DNG normally in the Finder preview.

*free as in "free speech", not as in "free beer"