Koji Color Log + ML Raw

Started by beauchampy, October 15, 2014, 01:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexCanonD50

Hi there.
My name is Alex and this is my first post.
I have recently bought CinelogC and this is my minimal short to test my old 50D  ;D ..
I share it in this post because i have used the workflow: CinelogV3 in ACR - CinelogC to LogC FilmMatrix - KOJI lut 2393.
All in Adobe CC. For me it's the best.  Thanx Andy600.
Regards.

Original video is much more crisp, youtube degrades a lot.. :(

arrinkiiii

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

AlexCanonD50

I have upload the wrong file  ::)

the LUT is ImpulZ, no KOJI sorry. But I belive that 50D Vision3 makes a good job on this footage. I like it.
This is it:
NB: naturally watch in full HD on youtube. Thanx.

AlexCanonD50

;) Hi.
Finally I can play with koji luts and I can say WOW!
I have used 2383 kodak LUT.

Workflow is very simply:
ACR: CinelogV3. White Balance. Clarity 10.  Chroma noise 30. Sharpening 25 - 0,6 - 50 - 0.
AE: OCIO cinelogV3 -> AlexaLogCwideGamut  (NO FilmMatrix). Disturb 0,4 mono.
SPEEDGRADE: my goal here is to achieve a good organic filmic density. I have dealed with contrast in middle tone and shadows separatly. Gain chromatic orange in to shadows and recovery some highlights. At the end, vignette and a slight sharpening, just 0.05.
Thats all.

I think that the complicated thing is  understanding how and how much gain sharpening in sensor crop mode.. preserve details but don't sensor aliasing . 
I accept your suggestions to obtain best performers from 50D.
Regards.

GutterPump

Hello,

I just want to know if my workflow isn't bad in this way.

Could you give me your position ?

Thanks you !

KelvinK

There's no much point to use CinelogC to Alexa. In your next node you just boosting back gamma and gain
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

Andy600

Yep, Cinelog-C and Log-C are effectively the same colorspace in terms of primaries. You could also try using the 'Cinelog-C to Cinelog-C with Film Matrix RGB' lut in node 2 which will add saturation with nice roll-off in the highlights. It mimics Alexa processing to some extent and works great with print luts.
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

GutterPump

Quote from: KelvinK on September 01, 2015, 11:44:03 AM
There's no much point to use CinelogC to Alexa. In your next node you just boosting back gamma and gain

Quote from: Andy600 on September 01, 2015, 12:00:35 PM
Yep, Cinelog-C and Log-C are effectively the same colorspace in terms of primaries. You could also try using the 'Cinelog-C to Cinelog-C with Film Matrix RGB' lut in node 2 which will add saturation with nice roll-off in the highlights. It mimics Alexa processing to some extent and works great with print luts.

Thanks you for your fast answers, it's more clear for me.
I just tried, indeed, the result is better.