Popular Flashmob, Camera on Movi was 5DM3 w/ ML

Started by David AE Levy, October 11, 2014, 12:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David AE Levy

Figured I'd share something I produced a couple of months ago, nearly 200K views already,
was a 3 camera shoot, the camera on the movi was my friend's 5DM3 with ML.
All cameras used were BMPC, Red1 MX, and 5DM3... lol fun project!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uiAg-cHJvI

Canon eos m

Awesome buddy! Loved every bit of the video. Wish I could do somethingnsimilar.

Which model of the Movi is it? How did the 5D3 stand up to the RED?
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

David AE Levy

First, thank you so much! About the second question, I personally think, the 5DM3 had the better "look", I didn't have a DIT to make all the cameras match or time to make them match, the RED was easier to match to the look of the 5DM3 and although the blackmagic production camera was shooting in 4K and prores HQ.. it was much harder for me to make the BMPC match the 5DM3.
It's the model of the movi without the remote... not sure which one that is, but it was super fantastic to have it in action. Personally.... I think the only reason I would rent or use a RED1 MX is for the HDR timelapse... the whole proprietary modular setup is just so damn expensive and the camera op using it (that owned it) said it was very temperamental. I LOVE my BMPC, but for regular HD like this and directly from camera... the 5DM3 footage came out looking the best from the get go. .. in my opinion anyway. As far as camera placement... if you were looking at the stage standing straight back with the audience (behind the bride).. the movi/5DM3 was mobile while the BMPC would have been to your left (with the big ass blimp/dead cat on top) and the RED1 MX would have been to your right. I hope that helps in telling the difference... there's still major color differences between the cameras.. I did my best to try to make them match... the hardest part was the RED1 had no audio so had to sync manual.. and all 3 cameras were different framerate.. my 2 other operators thought they set to 30fps with me (I operating the BMPC) but didn't.. one was 24 while the other was 29.97.. or something like that. Was nightmarish in post but worth it.

Canon eos m

:)
Gosh this must have been crazy from start to finish.
I have never even seen a recording in action leave alone do one my self.
They don't teach you that in law school.
Actually, I am a lawyer by profession. Been trying my hand at video making and stuff but seem to have lost my way.
Trying to keep my sanity though.
Hopefully will make something, somewhere, someday.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

David AE Levy

lol, I'm actually working on my BA or BB to get into law school... about 2 or less years away.. just got my AB. :)
So we're reverse in how we started :P

Canon eos m

alintx

That was AWESOME. Loved it so much I forced my teenager to watch it, too, on the second time through.

kfvideo

gandaa.bachchaa

That was really good and awesome.what did you use regarding to stabilising the shots ?